A Baker In The Jungle

Talk about Doctor Who when Tom played the Doctor (1974 - 1981).

Moderator: Moderator

A Baker In The Jungle

Postby Graceful Leonard on November 8th, 2012, 11:15 pm

This is a bit off topic, but I see that the reality TV show 'I'm a Celebrity Get Me Out Of Here' is to have a Dr Who in it's latest line-up. Not Tom, but the other Baker, Colin.

I'm not sure whether I'd like Tom to do a show like that. I mean, it would no doubt be wonderfully entertaining (for once), but imagine the poor man stranded with a bunch of gormless ex-soap actors and actresses and thin-lipped ex-politicians.

Will you be watching it (if you're in the UK, of course)?
"A man's work is nothing but this slow trek to rediscover, through the detours of art, those two or three great and simple images in whose presence his heart first opened."
Graceful Leonard

Re: A Baker In The Jungle

Postby philipdalton on November 9th, 2012, 12:13 am

Actually I quite liked the Colin Baker era of 'Doctor Who' because of his sense of humour and flamboyant dress. I have also been to see Colin live many years ago in 'Great Expectations' at Manchester. It felt great to see a former Doc in the flesh. As for 'I'm a Celebrity.....', I never watch it.
“Oh yeah, you really got me now, you've got me so I don't know what I'm doing"
philipdalton

Postby nick and jan on November 12th, 2012, 12:49 am

"good luck colin we will tune in to see how you get on like tom another nice doctor to meet and talk to I said to mum id like to see tom on strictly come dancing now the would turn blue. :D
nick and jan

Postby tch on November 12th, 2012, 3:08 am

Much as I love Colin, it's not enough to get me to watch reality TV.
I wish him luck though.
tch

Postby Graceful Leonard on November 12th, 2012, 6:18 pm

philipdalton wrote:Actually I quite liked the Colin Baker era of 'Doctor Who' because of his sense of humour and flamboyant dress. I have also been to see Colin live many years ago in 'Great Expectations' at Manchester. It felt great to see a former Doc in the flesh. As for 'I'm a Celebrity.....', I never watch it.

Yes, I liked Colin's sense of humour in the role, and his strong presence, which is what the others after Tom lacked, in my opinion.
"A man's work is nothing but this slow trek to rediscover, through the detours of art, those two or three great and simple images in whose presence his heart first opened."
Graceful Leonard

Return to Doctor Who - the Tom Baker years