Your favourite video games

This is the place for anything which doesn't go anywhere else!

Moderator: Moderator

Your favourite video games

Postby Canawho on July 20th, 2012, 9:09 pm

I have a PS3 here, and would highly recommend games like Red Dead Redemption,
which is a western themed game. Bioshock 1 and 2, Infamous 1 and 2, L.A Noire
are also great games.

What are some of your current or retro fave games?
Canawho

Re: Your favourite video games

Postby Graceful Leonard on October 25th, 2012, 3:51 pm

I'm a PC gamer. I'm very fond of Fallout 3 and an ancient old game called Realms of the Haunting.

I also remember a Dr Who PC game released many years ago. It was truly dreadful. If I recall, you had to fend off daleks with fire extinguishers. And that was the highlight.
"A man's work is nothing but this slow trek to rediscover, through the detours of art, those two or three great and simple images in whose presence his heart first opened."
Graceful Leonard

Postby philipdalton on October 28th, 2012, 3:54 pm

Unfortunately I haven't been in the habit of playing computer games for quite some time now, although I have some quite good ones in my collection. I used to have a Nintendo 64 when they were in their heyday, & then a Nintendo Gamecube. Super Mario 64 was a great game, although a little too difficult in parts, and Mario Kart 64 had some pretty impressive graphics. Super Mario Sunshine on the Gamecube was pretty good too, although I never got to finish it as the picture quality on my machine began to deteriorate & so I sold it. Does anyone on here have a Nintendo Wii?
“Oh yeah, you really got me now, you've got me so I don't know what I'm doing"
philipdalton

Postby tch on October 28th, 2012, 7:26 pm

My kids got me addicted to 'Ratchet and Clank' and the Lego games, but that's about it for me, unless you count old arcade games like 'Tron' and 'Asteroids'.

My daughter tried to explain 'Final Fantasy' to me, but it just made my head hurt.
tch

Postby Betty on December 11th, 2012, 1:41 am

My top favourite computer game is Minecraft. It's a lot like lego or cubes and the possibilities are endless. Some sixteen year old boy even built a functioning graphic calculator in this game. I stick to automated pumpkin farms...

I've had an opportunity to play the newish Doctor Who adventure games and they're not bad. They're not really games, more like stories where you have to control the characters and solve an occasional puzzle and there is also an educational aspect to them. Definitely great for kids.
"Once, I was a real turtle"
Betty

Return to Miscellaneous