Tom Baker the man

Talk about Tom.

Moderator: Moderator

Re: Tom Baker the man

Postby pattie anne on November 8th, 2009, 3:35 am

No, THAT Tom Baker died of a drug over-dose in 1982. Not the same guy at all!
Last edited by pattie anne on December 6th, 2009, 10:57 pm, edited 2 times in total.
"And as for Tom Baker, well, I'll always be the Doctor,
won't I?" TOM BAKER
pattie anne

Postby tracy on November 8th, 2009, 11:15 am

pattie anne wrote:no THAT tom baker died of a drug over-dose in 1982.

not the same guy at all!

there are so many with the same name as tom that i was chating to some one on face book poker the other week and no it wasnt im sorry it was pogo games on the bowling and i was talking about tom and one of them thought i was talking about the tom baker in the usa who had died i said no this is tom baker aka dr who he is a legend and still with us i said they were getting mixed up with there toms
tracy with out the E
tracy

Postby madgoth on November 19th, 2009, 6:28 am

That Tom Baker was one of Andy Warhol's cohorts. He starred in I, a Man. :geek:
madgoth

Postby Marcello Cristiano on November 28th, 2009, 3:20 pm

Man, I would love to go to the SFX convention! Sadly I live in Canada and am of a low income. :cry: Hopefully, one day someone will get TOM to come over to Canada for a convention(Comic-Con for example) in Toronto. I would go for sure! For now I can only dream of meeting my hero, TOM. :D
" 'Wibbsey' would be a wonderful word for pillow talk, wouldn't it? Especially if you said it softly..."

TOM BAKER
(2010)
DEMON QUEST
Doctor Who Magazine #425 (Interview)
Marcello Cristiano

Postby JulietCatherine on December 3rd, 2009, 12:36 am

MERRY CHRISTMAS

Juliet
Happy Holidays
Houston Texas USA
JulietCatherine

Postby JulietCatherine on December 4th, 2009, 12:29 am

There is an interview (with Mister Tom Baker as an older gentleman)(plump and grey)(very nice looking) with Mister Tom Baker. And in the interview you were talking about eating at a restaurant with a few of your friends (I mean Mister Tom Baker's friends), and other talks about you being in the monastery, and more talks about you taking showers as a monk once a week, and being covered in a white sheet of a sort. Well I found it adorable that you said that you were a very passionate person, and I believe it with learning more about you, and how you portrayed THE DOCTOR in the 1974 - 1981 television series DOCTOR WHO. I feel the passion in every role Mister Tom Baker is in. I feel for Mister Tom Baker when he was 15 when he joined the monastery, and couldn't look into people's faces, or talk, or anything that he enjoyed doing. I feel for the man named Mister Tom Baker, when he cannot be himself, or he cannot feel passion, or he cannot see passion, or cannot have passion in his life. Mister Tom Baker needs passion in his life. Let's treat Mister Tom Baker right, and with the passion he deserves!
Last edited by JulietCatherine on December 4th, 2009, 3:01 am, edited 2 times in total.
Juliet
Happy Holidays
Houston Texas USA
JulietCatherine

Postby JulietCatherine on December 4th, 2009, 2:00 am

Typing this up while reading your newsletters, just making comments about your newsletters.

I am wondering how Bella and Florence are doing in the Baker home, and I am wondering if Poppy is still chasing Bella around. I am curious how tall Poppy is, because Poppy doesn't look very tall, but I know Mister Tom Baker is 6 foot 3 inches tall man, and Poppy is the height of Mister Tom Baker's knees or a little bit shorter. I am sorry to burst Mister Tom Baker's bubble, but do you know that we do shrink when we age. I am thinking what Mister Tom Baker said about people having allergies to cats, and about Mister Tom Baker's speech about what a shame it is to be allergic to something so beautiful, and I do agree with Mister Tom Baker whole hearty. Something else Mister Tom Baker and I have in common, is that we both need some new trousers, and I am a woman, but I have these blue jeans, and they are way too large for me at the waist, they slide down and you almost can see my underwear, well sometimes you can. I am not a shopper, like most women either. My family have GREAT difficulty about trying to get me shopping.

The Baker Family have the same problem as our family have, our 5 outside cats will kill anything, this summer our cats killed a lot of Mourning Doves. We tried to save a few, but they were too far gone. One Mourning Dove I tried to carry to a Wild Life Rehabilitation Center, but they couldn't save the Mourning Dove.

I am so glad that Barry Letts saw Mister Tom Baker in the Ray Harryhausen film (The Golden Voyage of Sinbad), because if Barry Letts didn't see Mister Tom Baker in the Ray Harryhausen film THE GOLDEN VOYAGE OF SINBAD I wouldn't have grown up with watching DOCTOR WHO. And all the children from my ERA wouldn't have a great role model like Mister Tom Baker. And Mister Tom Baker is worth any risk! We the fans have invested a lot of love in Mister Tom Baker.

I always loved Elisabeth Sladen as Sarah Jane Smith, she is my all time favorite traveling companion to THE DOCTOR. I know why both Mister Tom Baker and Mister Barry Letts loved her so very much and still love her.

I also have grown to love Louise Jameson too. And Leela (Louise Jameson's character from THE DOCTOR television series) is so likeable, and so sweet. I also love how Louise Jameson treats her fans!

Mister Tom Baker is like my two sisters and my mom, he loves to have gardens and to garden. Well we do too! My mom and my two sisters know everything there is to know about gardening. Come on, Mister Tom Baker get your hands dirty, and help your wife Sue garden.

Did Mister Tom Baker and Mister Toes have a good foot session? I wish I had money to get a foot massage or a full body massage. That always makes a person feel so good! But my sinuses are acting up today. But when you have a cold or some kind of illness, you should never have a massage.

My sister and I always have problems with our knees, our knees go out. When my knees go out, I hate people picking me up, because my knees go straight, and that really hurts, because when my knees are out, they are bent. I have to take time with my knees, and when they go out, I have to be patience with them going straight again, I mean my legs not my knees. Oh no, Mister Tom Baker can pick me up (laughing out loud). But if I am in danger, please pick me up and remove me from the danger (I am not joking, I am being serious!). Calling THE DOCTOR, THE DOCTOR, THE DOCTOR save me, save me, save me (laughing out loud again).

Mister Tom Baker is right about what he mentioned in the movie Doctor...Who On Earth Is Tom Baker (1991), everyone has fantasies, because we 'all have all kind of fantasies, I have one, to meet Mister Tom Baker.

With watching the 1991 movie DOCTOR....WHO ON EARTH IS TOM BAKER, and I am wondering when I meet Mister Tom Baker, am I going to think who is the weird acting guy (laughing out loud). Mister Tom Baker has a childlike manner, and also a weird side about him too (kind of laughing out loud). But one thing for sure Mister Tom Baker will keep me at wit end, and laughing hard, I will probably have to go to restroom many times when I meet Mister Tom Baker, because he will make me laugh so much. I don't want to pee (I mean tickle) in my pants (laughing out loud).
Last edited by JulietCatherine on December 4th, 2009, 7:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Juliet
Happy Holidays
Houston Texas USA
JulietCatherine

Postby Marcello Cristiano on December 4th, 2009, 5:18 pm

Aahh! Those cats are adorable, Juliet. :) They look like good snuggling up company. I love cats! :D
" 'Wibbsey' would be a wonderful word for pillow talk, wouldn't it? Especially if you said it softly..."

TOM BAKER
(2010)
DEMON QUEST
Doctor Who Magazine #425 (Interview)
Marcello Cristiano

Postby JulietCatherine on December 4th, 2009, 7:01 pm

Dear Marcello Cristiano:

Thank you! Do you have any pets? You are so nice! Please know that I really love for you to respond to me, keep on replying thanks.

Sincerely,
Juliet
(Your Online Friend)
Juliet
Happy Holidays
Houston Texas USA
JulietCatherine

Postby Forum Moderator on December 4th, 2009, 10:44 pm

Can I guide you to the pets corner in the Fan Community section to continue this thread there? It's off topic here - much as Tom loves cats!

Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

PreviousNext

Return to The man himself