Who is on your "Who I'd like to meet list"?

This is the place for anything which doesn't go anywhere else!

Moderator: Moderator

Re: Who is on your "Who I'd like to meet list"?

Postby Graceful Leonard on July 6th, 2011, 7:13 pm

I had a sudden flashback the other night. I remembered that Terence Dicks came to our school (must have been very early eighties or '79) and gave a talk and Q&A to a very small group of us. I'd quite forgotten that. I can't remember what I asked, although I did ask something.

As for who I'd like to meet now...no one really. I'd have liked to have met Oscar Wilde, just to ask him why he did some of the odd things he did.
"A man's work is nothing but this slow trek to rediscover, through the detours of art, those two or three great and simple images in whose presence his heart first opened."
Graceful Leonard

Postby philipdalton on January 14th, 2012, 12:29 pm

There isn't any particular famous person I'd like to meet, I don't think, as I regard them all as being no different from anyone else. I've said "alright Bob?" to Bob Carolgees in the street & also spoken to Dave Hill from Slade at an assembly of Jehovah's Witnesses. My friend's seen one of the girls from The Corrs & also Matt Munro, and another has played football with Hank Marvin from The Shadows.
“Oh yeah, you really got me now, you've got me so I don't know what I'm doing"
philipdalton

Postby Canawho on August 22nd, 2012, 7:45 pm

Well, Tom would definitely be one. :)

Robin Williams maybe?

The attractive actresses if I could get a date with them only. :lol:
Canawho

Postby Captain Rum on September 1st, 2012, 2:29 am

Since my previous post on here I've now met Colin Baker (very nice and witty fellow) and Matthew Waterhouse (polite and friendly) when they did separate book signings in my town, it was great to meet them both and get some signed photos and have my photo taken with them :D
"Aaaaaaarrrrrggggghhhhhhh....me laddie!"

"You damned courtiers to the Queen, you're nothing but lap dogs to a slip of a girl!"

Hope to meet a nautical cove or two online to chat about Tom, "Who", etc :-)
Captain Rum

Location: Yeovil....but only when my Tardis needs an overhaul.

Previous

Return to Miscellaneous