latest news letter tribute to mary tamm

Here you are invited to discuss Tom's answers to questions in the Question Room and talk about his newsletters.

Moderator: Moderator

latest news letter tribute to mary tamm

Postby tracy on July 30th, 2012, 4:53 pm

thanks tom for a wonderfull tribute to mary tamm reading it has made me cry i dont know what else i can say but its a wonderfull tribute . have loved reading about the lamb .and the projects that tom is going to be doing with big finish and reading about the boy who kicked pigs that i went to see and met sue when i was there .its a wonderfull all round newsletter which brings me comfort to be able to read this and be able to have this forum to be on as like i say its a comfort thanks again tom for what you do
tracy with out the E
tracy

Re: latest news letter tribute to mary tamm

Postby Moderator on July 30th, 2012, 8:43 pm

Dear Tracy -

Thank you for your kind words. I know that TOM appreciates your love and support, especially at this time.

And wasn't the rest of the Newsletter certainly newsworthy? (Even when all we got was a veiled hint of sorts, in one part of it, regarding things to come.) 8-)

I give it a perfect 10. And certainly worth is weight in GOLD. :mrgreen:

Best,
Dirk :ugeek:

Postby Graceful Leonard on July 30th, 2012, 8:52 pm

Yes, though tinged with sadness, it sounds like Tom is extremely busy. Which is a good thing . . . for us at least.
"A man's work is nothing but this slow trek to rediscover, through the detours of art, those two or three great and simple images in whose presence his heart first opened."
Graceful Leonard

Postby tracy on July 31st, 2012, 8:22 am

thanks dirk and all the best to tom in the new projects he is working on x
tracy with out the E
tracy

Postby Captain Rum on August 1st, 2012, 1:31 am

Started watching Dr Who as a kid in the 70s, so seeing the Who family losing so many members in the last few years brings home what Tom has said in his commentaries a few times, that we're sometimes being entertained by people who aren't around anymore, but we'll never forget them because of their prescence that they'll forever have onscreen.

An excellent newsletter in that Tom's busy with projects and that he had a ball with Mary most of the times he was with her, you can tell that from "The Key To Time" commentaries.

Thanks Tom :D
"Aaaaaaarrrrrggggghhhhhhh....me laddie!"

"You damned courtiers to the Queen, you're nothing but lap dogs to a slip of a girl!"

Hope to meet a nautical cove or two online to chat about Tom, "Who", etc :-)
Captain Rum

Location: Yeovil....but only when my Tardis needs an overhaul.

Return to About Tom’s Newsletters and Answers to Questions