The Scarf

This is where to talk about your Doctor Who collections, about conventions you have been to and places where you may have met Tom.

Moderator: Moderator

Re: The Scarf

Postby Marcello Cristiano on October 3rd, 2010, 11:22 pm

Dear Scarf clad BAKERites:

I found a wool scarf years ago(2000) at The Bay which was (and still is)15 feet long. I went to the womens section to buy it, as women always have better scarves. The scarf is striped and has Autumnal colours like Black, Brown, Red, Orange and yellow. It's by the company ToGo. It also has pockets at either end of the scarf. The pockets would be a great place to put some jelly babies. I wrap it around my neck once and it still drags on the ground just like TOM's scarves.

I also bought 7 Tartan scarves which my aunt sewed together for me back in 2000. I've alway been fond of Tartan. The scarf now reaches 28 feet! :shock: It was intended to be a tribute to not only TOM's scarf in 'The Terror of the Zygons', but also a tribute to James Robert McCrimmon(Jamie) as well as Sylvester McCoy who is Scottish. Nowadays, it can even be a tribute to David Tennant, Karen Gillan, Steven Moffat, and John Barrowman who are all Scots. The scarf has to be looped around a few times, and then it still drags on the ground. In terms of length(not pattern), this scarf closely resembles TOM's mammoth scarf from season 18. Sadly this scarf(unlike the other one) is not wool. It's made out of acrylic which tends to sometimes leave red,black, white, blue and green lints on my cashmere and wool overcoats. It's still fun to wear, and I'll pull it and the other one out of the closet this Winter to wear with my cinnamon brown David Tennant replica overcoat by the company Abbyshot. :mrgreen: So as you can read, I'm amalgamating Doctor's number 4 and 10! :D
" 'Wibbsey' would be a wonderful word for pillow talk, wouldn't it? Especially if you said it softly..."

TOM BAKER
(2010)
DEMON QUEST
Doctor Who Magazine #425 (Interview)
Marcello Cristiano

Postby CCorsair on January 17th, 2011, 1:29 pm

bout 2 years ago my wife did made me a scarf.. she had just learn to knit and was making normal ones for people and friends and then noted she she had not done one fore me I said yes you need to do one for me and she ask me what do you want it to look like .. I thought about it and as a joke I told my wife I want a Doctor Who scarf.. I showed her the site and I said I want the long one... With out batting and eye she said ok .
so i look over the Doctorwhoscarf com site and we came up with pattern and she had me help in picking the colors.

it took a wile about year as during that time my wife hurt her knee and had to have surgery on it but 27 to 28 **** of yarn later she was done .. this was the pattern we used -------it is based on the season 17 scarf with one change we had part of the season 15 scarf that part in it that was not in any of the other scarfs. we put it in the middle as a bridge to the second half of the big scarf http:--------me and the scarf ------ and for more scale ------
AS long as it took my wife to do this and all the work she still wants to do it again and better , Did a scaled down version for her self and when it get cold we both ware our scarfs out .. She great woman to do all that work and I will say it took her a lot as she had just learn to knit and had not done more than 5 ot 7 scarfs and none this big .. so she learn a lot from doing this project ..

It goes over well at conventions and the yarn shop want to have it up on their wall when its too hot for me to wear and to show off my wife's work.

CC

hi Had links and just found they need to be changed and will fix and report so the images post correctly sorry for not checking on rule was part of the original tombaker web site and we did let links in back then. CC
CCorsair

Postby Moderator on January 19th, 2011, 2:59 am

Dear CC -

This is the only website Tom has ever been actively involved in; so in a way, and actuality, it is the ONLY Official Tom Baker Website that has ever existed. The other two/three had disclaimers on their pages. But I wonder now if anyone ever clicked on those links, and read them.

Best,
Dirk :ugeek:

Postby nick and jan on June 10th, 2012, 9:09 pm

"was lucky enough to get one from galaxy 4 england back in 2001 so yes we got one :D
nick and jan

Postby FreddieBennett on April 19th, 2013, 10:38 am

pattie anne wrote:dear mikotyk -

i have made three of them.

the first one i made was back when they were showing TOM's Dr Who episodes on my local PBS station. i didn't have any instructions, so i took a picture of HIM wearing it off of the television with my polaroid camera and modeled it from that photo. sadly, both the colors of the threads, and the lines count weren't very accurate. but it did serve well enough for a few cons and other such events. But eventually it did get unraveled (which was fun) and put in a washing machine lingerie bag which made a very colorful pillow (until some mice decided to eat it).

the second one i made was from the BBC official instructions list. it was part of my halloween costume, for many years. i sent it to TOM one christmas several years ago when i found out that HE didn't have one.

the third one i made was in all shades of blue (with the BBC pattern halved)and i still have it.

great Topic miko!

pattie anne :geek:

hello guys I have never tried such things but now I will make one and then put in lingerie bag to make a colorful pillow.
FreddieBennett

Postby tracy on April 19th, 2013, 4:55 pm

welcome to toms dinner table freddie and i love the items you have done wel done :D
tracy with out the E
tracy

Postby NICHLOAS R on April 19th, 2013, 10:00 pm

"the stamp center sell toms scarf tracy £45 I got one for mum a few years a go at 25 it is a good item . :D
NICHLOAS R

Postby tracy on April 20th, 2013, 6:36 pm

thanks nick hope your well :D
tracy with out the E
tracy

Previous

Return to Memorabilia, Merchandise, and Doctor Who Conventions