Most physically demanding role/performance, Tom

Read guidelines first. Start new topic in March to post your question.

Moderator: Forum Moderator

Forum rules
PLEASE READ CAREFULLY
Start new topic to post your question. One question allowed per member per month. Ask one concise question per post, and please refrain from including information and comments irrelevant to your question.
These questions are for Tom to answer, so please do not be tempted to post a reply to someone else’s question. If you want to make a comment, post it in the Fan Community → About Tom’s Newsletters and Answers to Questions subforum.
Please do your research before asking a question and try not to ask questions which Tom has answered before – either here or in interviews such as the Doctor Who Magazine articles available on this website in the Doctor Who section. If your question is factual, please try googling it first to see if you can find the answer.
Questions about whether Tom will appear at a convention or in a particular programme or film are wasted questions as he cannot talk about any offers in advance, and the moment agreement is reached, he announces the news on his website.
Tom will answer a MAXIMUM OF 15 QUESTIONS PER MONTH.

Most physically demanding role/performance, Tom

Postby metalheadjay on March 30th, 2012, 8:18 pm

Since we are yet to reach 15 questions for the month. I'm wondering if Dirk will let me slip this one in for Tom. I think it's a good one that has yet to be asked.

Dear Doctor,

Out of all the roles and performances you have given throughout your entire career(tv, film, and theater), what was the most physically challenging/demanding? If you can't single out one, that's fine. Just give a few and elaborate on the experiences, if you will. I know that "Doctor Who: The Deadly Assassin" had to be a rather rough experience for you.

Lastly, I thoroughly appreciate all the hard work you put into entertaining us. Can't thank you enough, Tom.

Jay
metalheadjay

Re: Most physically demanding role/performance, Tom

Postby Tom Baker on April 12th, 2012, 8:26 pm

Jay,

The death scene of Rasputin was very arduous and two days later I was called back from London to Madrid because there was a scratch on the negative! Because they had to reset the scene it seemed to leave some actors free. Naturally several came to watch the death scene and that added to the tension. I never looked at the scene but some people liked it.

Glad you enjoy the Question Room.

Tom
Tom Baker
Site Admin

Return to Questions for March 2012