It IS possible to have Tom back as the Doctor in the flesh!

Talk about Doctor Who when Tom played the Doctor (1974 - 1981).

Moderator: Moderator

It IS possible to have Tom back as the Doctor in the flesh!

Postby metalheadjay on April 1st, 2012, 6:59 am

I just watched "Tron:Legacy" and was amazed by the younger CGI version of Jeff Bridges. Why can't this process be done to give us a one-off "Doctor Who" film or tv program with Tom's younger self again? I don't see why not. Check out this article guys:

http://www.mtv.com/news/articles/1654516/tron-legacy-jeff-bridges-behind-films-most-challenging-effect.jhtml
metalheadjay

Re: It IS possible to have Tom back as the Doctor in the flesh!

Postby MCH on April 1st, 2012, 12:23 pm

Interesting idea Jay. Matt Smith's Doctor along side Tom Baker's classic Doctor.
MCH

Postby Toothy Grin on April 2nd, 2012, 12:10 pm

I can't see it working somehow. Jeff Bridges didn't look that much different from his younger self, whereas Tom looks considerably different and I really don't think CGI could make Tom look like he did in 1977. Also, CGI wouldn't make Tom able to run around like he could when he was 40.
On the other hand, I do think that if Tom lost a couple of stone and grew his hair and dyed it, with the aid of a little make up he could do a few non-physical scenes and just about get away with looking like his old self! :lol:
Toothy Grin

Postby Graceful Leonard on April 9th, 2012, 4:16 pm

Yes, it could technically be done very well, but not on a BBC budget. You would be talking about a multi-multi-million dollar production to do it properly at the present time. Give it a decade or two, however, and you'll probably be able to do it yourself on your home PC!

I'm not sure whether Tom would ever want to appear again in the flesh, but if he did, I would much prefer him to appear just as he is now, and have it allowed for in the plot. It wouldn't be difficult to come up with something to do with time paradoxes or whatever.

Frankly, though, I could understand it if approaching 80, Tom prefers the relatively hassle-free audios.
"A man's work is nothing but this slow trek to rediscover, through the detours of art, those two or three great and simple images in whose presence his heart first opened."
Graceful Leonard

Postby tracy on April 9th, 2012, 5:25 pm

yes tom enjoys doing the audios and now its nice and easy for him to its nive to see tom doing some thing he loves :D
tracy with out the E
tracy

Return to Doctor Who - the Tom Baker years