The place to talk about Tom's other roles (NOT Doctor Who)

See TV, Film & Theatre section for details of Tom's other roles.

Moderator: Moderator

Re: The place to talk about Tom's other roles (NOT Doctor Who)

Postby pattie anne on November 6th, 2009, 9:18 pm

Keep watching to see if Peter D. steps out of the waterfall. But so far, nope. ;)
Last edited by pattie anne on December 6th, 2009, 10:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"And as for Tom Baker, well, I'll always be the Doctor,
won't I?" TOM BAKER
pattie anne

Postby merlinsseer on November 6th, 2009, 10:06 pm

pattie anne wrote:i keep watching to see if peter d. steps out of the waterfall.

nope.

so far he hasn't.

;)

wasn't too crazy about him, too young, too blond for me and havng seen him as the vet before DW -it just wouldn't click . I like P.D. in anything else i've seen him in- he was just a very BLAH doctor' but then he did have some very, very big shoes to fill ( still of unknown size :lol: )
Are you suggesting coconuts migrate?
merlinsseer

Postby pattie anne on November 8th, 2009, 12:30 am

... very big shoes to fill ( still of unknown size )

And the bane of my life! ;)
Last edited by pattie anne on December 6th, 2009, 10:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
won't I?" TOM BAKER
pattie anne

Postby Marcello Cristiano on November 15th, 2009, 9:35 pm

I watched TOM in the Remington Steele episode "The Hounded Steele" again. I wish he would have had more lines in it, as he was fantastic! I'm glad he grew his hair long again for the role(as this was of course post-Who). The sight of TOM holding a gun still makes me smile! :D
" 'Wibbsey' would be a wonderful word for pillow talk, wouldn't it? Especially if you said it softly..."

TOM BAKER
(2010)
DEMON QUEST
Doctor Who Magazine #425 (Interview)
Marcello Cristiano

Postby Toothy Grin on November 23rd, 2009, 3:26 pm

Tom just looks totally wrong wielding a gun doesn't he? Check out The Seeds of Doom. Now a sword, however, that more like it. He's done a fair bit of sword play - The Masque of Mandragora, The Androids of Tara, Golden Voyage of Sinbad, Zany Adventures of Robin Hood. He's a convincing swordsman.
Toothy Grin

Postby Steve H on November 26th, 2009, 2:10 pm

I'm 'devouring' tv and film Sherlock Holmes at the moment. It would be great to see on DVD Tom's interpretation, I have fond memories of this, dating from 1982. Certainly ranks with the other favourites of mine, Peter Cushing, Jeremy Brett, Basil Rathbone and Christopher Plummer.
Steve H

Postby pattie anne on December 13th, 2009, 3:00 am

I agree, HIS Holmes was very interesting to watch. And a totally unique spin of the oft played character.

Just ordered a copy of A First Myths Story Book by Mary Hoffman. And if anyone is wondering how on earth this ties in with Our Mister TOM ... tis' simple. The copy also includes an audio cassette of TOM reading the book. Somehow I lost my cassette copy of it someTIME ago, and like the crocodile in one of the tales, I have been very sad, without it. The fables are all classics from around the world and not only, very well written, but of course, very well told. Can hardly wait to hear the old familiar stories performed once 'moore'.
Last edited by pattie anne on July 21st, 2010, 3:19 am, edited 2 times in total.
won't I?" TOM BAKER
pattie anne

Postby biddenden_sue on January 10th, 2010, 8:23 am

I have thoroughly enjoyed Tom's other TV and radio work since leaving Dr. Who.

In particular, I loved the Randall & Hopkirk series that he did with Vic Reeves and Bob Mortimer, and I thought he was wonderful in the tower at Fort Boyard! I also love to play his Sci-Fi Quiz DVD :D

Ah good, found the edit button. Just wondered if anyone knew what Tom has in the pipeline for 2010/2011?

I have been having extremely vivid dreams about him appearing in a sitcom alongside June Whitfield as an old couple exchanging rather witty comments on their grandchildren's behaviour and activities. I really think someone at the Beeb needs to sit down and write this as it would be an instant hit! It has been very droll in my dreams! :geek:
biddenden_sue

Postby aahhaa on January 14th, 2010, 4:55 am

That sitcom idea is brilliant, Sue! ;)
aahhaa

Postby Gold Usher on January 28th, 2010, 5:31 am

:lol: O boy, now you've gone and done it P.A.

The next time I watch Sinbad, I'm going to remember "waiting for Peter Davison to step out of the water fountain"
and probably burst out laughing.

Tom does look impressive dressed all in white as in R&H Deceased. Makes me think of the Pope for some reason.
Too bad his part as Pope in "Luther" got left on the cutting room floor -- that's if I'm remembering that one correctly. I would have loved to see him in the tiara or a fancy mitre.
Gold Usher

PreviousNext

Return to Not Doctor Who - Tom's other roles