The funny things kids say

Talk about things close to your heart.

Moderator: Moderator

The funny things kids say

Postby philipdalton on February 5th, 2012, 11:56 am

One four-year-old girl I befriended at my place of worship said she would build a "noman" weather permitting, another said "beard got in the way, I don't like beards" when I gave her a peck on the cheek (actually at the time I had a moustache). Let's all have a discussion on the amusing things our own or other people's chidren said when they were small despite bespite being deadly serious.
“Oh yeah, you really got me now, you've got me so I don't know what I'm doing"
philipdalton

Re: The funny things kids say

Postby pattie anne on March 3rd, 2012, 5:39 pm

dear PD -

just found this topic. i have several from our kids childhood:

our kids used to fight over who could "flush the toaster" - [push the toaster slide down to cook the bread].

youngest son loved to watch the "peak-a-boose" part of the train - [caboose - (too bad they are a thing of the past on 'merican trains now)].

when oldest son (KEN) went to "KENdergarden", youngest son (RUSS) told next son (CHRIS) that next year he could go to "CHRISergarden".

great Topic. :P

mama always called sheep "wooley pigs" from "The Beverly Hillbilies," TV series. so of course our kids have passed it on to the next generation. :D

will Post 'moore' as i remember them. :mrgreen:

love,
pattie anne :geek:
"And as for Tom Baker, well, I'll always be the Doctor,
won't I?" TOM BAKER
pattie anne

Postby philipdalton on March 4th, 2012, 8:16 pm

Well I'm pleased that this thread has got a reply at long last, let's hope dere will be more of dem.
philipdalton

Postby philipdalton on November 2nd, 2013, 12:55 pm

philipdalton wrote:One four-year-old girl I befriended at my place of worship said she would build a "noman" weather permitting, another said "beard got in the way, I don't like beards" when I gave her a peck on the cheek (actually at the time I had a moustache). Let's all have a discussion on the amusing things our own or other people's chidren said when they were small despite bespite being deadly serious.

I've recently remembered a little boy at my place of worship who referred to the disciplinary measure used to keep him under control as a 'smack bobbom'.
philipdalton

Return to Home, Hearth and Heart