What You Like About Where You Live

This is the place for anything which doesn't go anywhere else!

Moderator: Moderator

What You Like About Where You Live

Postby Graceful Leonard on February 26th, 2012, 4:15 pm

What do you like most about the neighbourhood, town, or distict where you live?
"A man's work is nothing but this slow trek to rediscover, through the detours of art, those two or three great and simple images in whose presence his heart first opened."
Graceful Leonard

Re: What You Like About Where You Live

Postby philipdalton on February 26th, 2012, 7:33 pm

In my case it's the ease with which a car-less person such as myself can travel to other places.
“Oh yeah, you really got me now, you've got me so I don't know what I'm doing"
philipdalton

Postby pattie anne on March 3rd, 2012, 5:48 pm

THAT would be difficult where i live ... as there is very little public transportation and the closest TOWN is about 4 miles away. CITIES are even further away. ;)

but it is quiet ... relatively crime free ... a bus trip close to not too big schools ... and places of worship that are literally focused on a place "out of this world" - but WORKING in "the present," for the over all good of the community. :mrgreen:

love,
pattie anne :geek:
"And as for Tom Baker, well, I'll always be the Doctor,
won't I?" TOM BAKER
pattie anne

Postby tracy on March 4th, 2012, 10:25 am

:D where i live now is quite as its in a cul de sac off the main road as before i lived on the main road and we are only round the corner from where we lived before .wombourne is not like it use to be they are building more homes all the time its more like a town now id say im only up the road from the city of wolverhampton which use to be a town i was born in a womens hospital in wolverhampton .we have a sainsburys in wombourne .i like wombourne its ok
tracy with out the E
tracy

Postby Wonkakid on March 8th, 2012, 7:20 am

I live in Chicago, which I love. I haven't owned a car in more than 20 years and don't need one. I live directly across the street from the subway which takes me downtown very quickly.

There's also a lively theater scene here and property isn't outrageous like it is in NYC ;-).

Rob
Chicago, USA
Wonkakid

Postby Canawho on July 20th, 2012, 8:57 pm

I don't like being overcrowded, and the little city of Barrie, in the Province of Ontario (same
meaning as State) doesn't have the large population of people like Toronto, New York
Boston, Chicago etc. Toronto has grown over the years, but still isn't one of the
biggest in terms of population, in comparison to most other big North American
cities.

Still, I was born and grew up mostly in the Toronto area. Was getting a little
too crowded for my liking, so I decided to move about an hour and a half north
of TO, to Barrie. Nice, clean. Some people are friendly.
Canawho

Postby nick and jan on January 11th, 2013, 12:02 am

"we live near hever castle in kent where tom made a comedy film with morcombe and wise the name escapes me but it was good I did have it on video it should come out on dvd. :D
nick and jan

Postby tracy on January 11th, 2013, 2:53 pm

the film tom did with eric was called the passionate pilgrim its very good
tracy with out the E
tracy

Postby Betty on January 11th, 2013, 3:31 pm

What I like about where I live is accessible culture. Theatre is very cheap and often you don't need to buy tickets in advance. You can just dress up, go to the national theatre and buy a ticket for the 7 p.m. show. And it's always good. And then there are the little theatres. You have all sorts of things there. I saw the best version of Sweeney Todd in the tiniest theatre you could imagine. And then, there is the opera house. Very high quality performances each time.
Museums, galleries, exhibitions... For some reasons, cinemas here are rather expensive and most of the time they're empty. They only ever contain people on the first day of a big film. When I go to the cinema I always go the second day and then I'm the only person there. (Sometimes there is also an odd couple in the back row but the effect is the same)
The fact that everything can be accessed via public transport is also a big plus of my town. The price of a single ticket is crazy high but the 1 year card is quite cheap and it also serves as a permanent free pass to the horse races. I never understood the link between public transport and horse racing but it must be one of the things that mortal people shouldn't worry about.
"Once, I was a real turtle"
Betty

Postby tracy on January 12th, 2013, 3:48 pm

i need to update my move as i now live just off the main road down a side road im living in the house i was brought up years in ago with my sister brother in law the dog and the cat .there is a field where i can walk the dog and a canal where i can walk along to and some shops and im only round the corner from sainsburys
tracy with out the E
tracy

Next

Return to Miscellaneous