New Tom Audios!

Talk about Doctor Who when Tom played the Doctor (1974 - 1981).

Moderator: Moderator

Re: New Tom Audios!

Postby tracy on December 29th, 2011, 5:30 pm

:D i got the call today from the tv and movie shop which is the sister shop to the stamp shop .they guy said parts 4 and 5 of serpents crest have come in so i have paid for them and they are sending me parts 1 to 5 and all being well should be with me with in the next few days .thats cheered me up as on tuesday i came down the sickness bug and have been in bed for 2 days so thats some think to look forward to when they arrive
tracy with out the E
tracy

Postby ThetaSigma on January 1st, 2012, 9:22 pm

Hope you get to feeling better and enjoy your audios! TB rules! :D
ThetaSigma

Postby bcm77 on January 1st, 2012, 9:48 pm

There's a 10 minute preview of "Destination Nerva" now up on the Big Finish site,

http://www.bigfinish.com/news/Destination--Nerva-Preview-Podcast-01-January-2012
"I'm not a human being........I'm a Time Lord. I walk in eternity"
bcm77

Postby tracy on January 2nd, 2012, 10:25 am

thanks both and i will go and listion to the preview or maybe not i might wait till the cds arrive yes i think i will wait but then again i might have a listion :lol:
tracy with out the E
tracy

Postby bcm77 on January 14th, 2012, 5:19 pm

I got my package with "Destination Nerva" and the Lost Stories set this morning so I'll be listening to them over the weekend and will post my thoughts here when I've done so.
bcm77

Postby tracy on January 14th, 2012, 6:02 pm

:D yes ive also had mine arrive today to its tomtastic destination nerva is tomtastic i have enjoyed listioing to it and look forward to the others when they arrrive :D

dont forget the bonus disc in with the part 5 in the lost storys box set as i didnt know therewas another in there till i had put the other disc back in after id listioned to it part 5
tracy with out the E
tracy

Postby ThetaSigma on January 16th, 2012, 12:14 am

Happy times are here again, tracy! Glad your enjoying your audios with the Tomness! :D
ThetaSigma

Postby bcm77 on January 16th, 2012, 1:08 am

Good to hear you've been having fun Tracy, just what the Doctor ordered after being ill :D ( I apologise for the BAD pun :mrgreen: )

I was also in need of a boost as one of my gerbils passed away during the week so the arrival of the Lost Stories set and "Destination Nerva" really helped cheer me up.

So far I've listened to "Destination Nerva" and "The Foe from the Future" and have thoroughly enjoyed both.

I think the atmosphere of late 70's Who has been perfectly captured and after trying and failing to make sense of the last TV series it was very refreshing to hear some stories with clearly defined plots and characters and best of all THE Doctor and one of the best companions ever as the leads.

Nobody does it better than Tom, even after all these years and it was awesome to hear Leela have a knife at someone's throat in the early stages....I was slightly concerned her violence might be toned down as in today's world people seem to be overly sensitive towards any issues that may offend but she's just as savage as she always was and if anything her chemistry with the Doctor seems even better now that Tom and Louise have a better working relationship than they did originally.

I started the year with a bad cold and had to deal with the loss of a furry friend but the Doctor & Leela have come to my rescue and helped me get smiling again....and there's still 5 more stories to go :D
bcm77

Postby tracy on January 16th, 2012, 10:15 am

no worrys about the pun bcm im sorry to hear about your gerbil passing away hugs to you .ive listioned to all the cds now and have enjoyed them all noticed there was no jelly babys but humbugs being mentioned :lol: ive really enjoyed listioning to them all and cant wait for the rest of the 4th 1st series cds to arrive .im glad youve enjoyed them to bcm they are tomtastic aint they :D
tracy with out the E
tracy

Postby bcm77 on January 16th, 2012, 8:44 pm

tracy wrote:no worrys about the pun bcm im sorry to hear about your gerbil passing away hugs to you .ive listioned to all the cds now and have enjoyed them all noticed there was no jelly babys but humbugs being mentioned :lol: ive really enjoyed listioning to them all and cant wait for the rest of the 4th 1st series cds to arrive .im glad youve enjoyed them to bcm they are tomtastic aint they :D

Thanks tracy, it's never nice when a pet dies and I've just tried to remember the fun I had with Yin instead of her last couple of weeks :(

Her pal Yang is doing OK and my other gerbil Ozzy is now her next door neighbour so she's not entirely on her own.....moving them in together would probably be to their satisfaction but that could get expensive once the inevitable happened :D

I listened to "The Valley of Death" today and for me it's 3 out of 3, I think I'll be listening to them again a couple of times whilst waiting for "The Renaissance Man" to arrive :D
bcm77

PreviousNext

Return to Doctor Who - the Tom Baker years