Lis Sladen

Talk about Doctor Who when Tom played the Doctor (1974 - 1981).

Moderator: Moderator

Re: Lis Sladen

Postby ThetaSigma on November 26th, 2011, 6:35 pm

I have been watching The Sarah Jane Adventures from Season 3. The Wedding of Sarah Jane Smith, The Eternity Trap and Mona Lisa's Revenge, the last of which was too over the top for my liking, but the first two were pretty darn good! Can't wait until Season 4 comes out over here next month!
ThetaSigma

Postby tracy on December 2nd, 2011, 7:14 pm

:D ive had elisabeths autobiograthy arrive today which will be an early xmas present off my sister have been reading some of it will read some more tomorrow elisabeth was a great lady she will be missed
tracy with out the E
tracy

Postby ThetaSigma on December 2nd, 2011, 7:36 pm

Indeed, tracy. I might be getting the book for Christmas as well. Right now, I have put some money down to reserve a copy of SJA Season 4 which comes out next Tuesday.
ThetaSigma

Postby ThetaSigma on December 14th, 2011, 9:34 pm

I finally got around to watching Season 4 or at least the two-parter with Matt Smith and Katy Manning. I was pleasantly suprised with how they handled the Jo meets Sarah Jane dynamic, and how both shared such memmories of their time with the Doctor in his various incarnations. The classic series clips alone make this set worth getting in my view. And what can I say about the giant bald headed eagle creatures always saying "So sorry for your loss" and Jo's reaction to them? Wonderful. Just breathtakingly wonderful! :lol: I was a bit forlorn and saddned when I realised this would be Sladen's final performance opposite an incarnation of the Doctor.... :(
ThetaSigma

Postby tch on December 15th, 2011, 4:47 pm

Yeah, Big Finish just aired an interview with Liz, talking about the stories she'd done with them and I got all misty eyed.
Though, there was a funny clip of Tom talking about having read her memoir and how Liz was such a sweet, polite lady that their wasn't enough scandal in the book for his tastes.

Netflix just got the last season of Sarah Jane and while I'm looking forward to it, part of me doesn't want to put it at the top of my queue because after this there's no more.
tch

Postby ThetaSigma on December 20th, 2011, 10:55 pm

Due to unforseen circumstances, I still have not managed to get Lis' book. The local Barnes & Noble has really dropped the ball on this one.I ope they will get it in by Christmas. They claim they don't have it in their system and won't know any release date for it until it gets in their system. How utterly frustrating!
ThetaSigma

Postby ThetaSigma on December 22nd, 2011, 7:25 pm

Success! An online international store has the biohraphy and is sending it to me. I should get it a little while after Christmas, but at least I will get it. :)
ThetaSigma

Postby Krono's on December 22nd, 2011, 7:43 pm

That ending to the final episode that wasn't originally to be makes me sad! :cry:
Krono's

Postby ThetaSigma on December 22nd, 2011, 8:08 pm

I know, and I haven't even seen the last episode! Might I ask what happens in it? How does it end?
ThetaSigma

Postby tch on December 26th, 2011, 4:46 pm

Just watched 'Death of the Doctor' and the scenes between Sarah and Jo Grant gave me goosebumps.

Plot was a bit weak, but just for the scenes with those two and Matt Smith, it may be one of my favorite episodes of the series, while at the same time being heartbreaking as you realize you are running out of episodes to watch. Gonna miss this show so much.

Man, if only Torchwood had made this much use of Who history, it might have actually been a decent show.
tch

PreviousNext

Return to Doctor Who - the Tom Baker years