What Do You Think of CGI

Talk about Doctor Who when Tom played the Doctor (1974 - 1981).

Moderator: Moderator

Re: What Do You Think of CGI

Postby ThetaSigma on December 22nd, 2011, 8:10 pm

I hear ya, Krono's. I just think it can be used too much and way too easily as evidenced in George Lucas' new Star Wars movies. :?
ThetaSigma

Postby bcm77 on December 24th, 2011, 11:15 pm

I stopped being impressed with CGI around 5 minutes after seeing the dinosaurs in "Jurassic Park" for the first time.

CGI has effectively given the effects industry a "get out of jail" card and instead of using their ingenuity they churn out one cookie cutter CGI sequence after another and every sci-fi TV or movie series looks no different to the next.

Used in moderation it can be effective, but too much and it makes everything look like a videogame cutscene.
"I'm not a human being........I'm a Time Lord. I walk in eternity"
bcm77

Postby ThetaSigma on December 25th, 2011, 6:17 pm

CGI is at its worst when it looks so fake like the pics Ive seen in the new revamped edition of Downtime.
ThetaSigma

Postby metalheadjay on March 2nd, 2012, 5:43 pm

by bcm77:

Used in moderation it can be effective, but too much and it makes everything look like a videogame cutscene.
--------------------------------

Yeah, and those video games usually have better story than the films filled with CGI too. That's when you know something is wrong.
metalheadjay

Previous

Return to Doctor Who - the Tom Baker years