You changed my life. Thank You so much

Talk about Tom.

Moderator: Moderator

You changed my life. Thank You so much

Postby dlcsr on February 25th, 2011, 11:53 pm

With the recent passing of the fantastic Nicholas Courtney "The Brigadier", I felt I had to take this moment to share my utmost appreciation for Mr. Tom Baker. Now don't get me wrong, I am not saying that I think anything is going to happen to Tom or myself, I just live in reality and know that we will all at some point come to the same end and I just wanted to say Thank You while I can. I stumbled across DW as a young boy one night while living in an abusive home and it just so happened the first story I saw was Tom's first story. As I watched each saturday night I was able to escape the life I was in and find peace and joy imagening I was traveling around with this guy in a blue box. As I got older I actually found that my whole life was oriented around becoming so much like this Doctor. I wanted to know how to do everything and be the one that people depended on to save the day. I have never stopped learning and helping others. I am a successful selfmade man who now enjoys watching DW with my wonderful son who became a huge fan when the series was revived. So to finish up, Thank You so much Tom for being my Doctor for all those years. You are a brilliant actor and I wish you all the best in your life. DC
Last edited by dlcsr on March 4th, 2011, 3:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
dlcsr

Re: You changed my life. Thank You so much

Postby tracy on February 26th, 2011, 11:00 am

welcome to toms dinner table dlcsr i loved reading what you put tom has changed so many lives he is a wonderfull chap and a great guy to meet and i hope you get to meet tom some time dlcsr :D
tracy with out the E
tracy

Postby donnarose on March 4th, 2011, 12:09 am

That's a wonderful story, dlcsr.

I know when Mr. Baker signed the current calendar for my dd, the look on her face was priceless when it arrived.

He has (and continues) to bring joy to so many people--most of whom he will never know.

May he have many more blessed years ahead--not just for our sakes, but so he can enjoy his life.
Love begins when the needs of someone else become more important than your own.
~Lao Wei
donnarose

Postby Prydonian on March 5th, 2011, 3:14 am

Tom's Doctor Who changed my life too, more it guided it as I was so young when I started wathcing it.
The series with him as the lead gave me a special hero who could survive just about anything the baddies threw at him. Even more so than the Dukes of Hazzard and the Incredible Hulk, who were my other heroes at that time, I remember wanting to watch stories of his over again even though I already knew what was going to happen in them. This irritated my sister no end. But Tom was and always shall be my favorite Doctor. His stories stand the test of time and always will.
Prydonian

Postby bcm77 on December 24th, 2011, 5:52 pm

My first viewing of a Doctor Who story with Tom was the single most defining moment in the short time I'd followed the show.

I had a few hazy memories as a child of a tall man in a red coat but was too young to really remember much about the show as it was usually on because my older siblings watched it....the only sci-fi that mattered to me when I was very young was Star Wars.

Fast forward 20 odd years and the show returned to TV screens after a 16 year absence.

By this time the prequels had diminished my intrest in Star Wars so I thought I'd give Doctor Who a go.

I enjoyed enough of the first 2 series to become intrested in giving the original a run a try and a few weeks after the episode "Doomsday" first aired in the UK I bought my first Classic story on DVD.

By the end of the very first part of "Genesis of the Daleks" my opinion of what era of Doctor Who was the best had changed forever and my wonderful journey into the show's past had begun.

Almost 6 years on I continue to rewatch stories from Tom's era more than any other and have a Classic DVD collection which currently stands at 84 and has stories from every Doctor.

By comparison I have given up on the modern show.

Thank you Tom for the hours of entertainment you have given me over the past few years :)

Some Doctor Who is disposable, but your era is as timeless as the character you brought to life in a way nobody else has managed.
"I'm not a human being........I'm a Time Lord. I walk in eternity"
bcm77

Return to The man himself