Strictly Come Dancing and its like

Read guidelines first. Start new topic in December to post your question.

Moderator: Forum Moderator

Forum rules
PLEASE READ CAREFULLY
Start new topic to post your question. One question allowed per member per month. Ask one concise question per post, and please refrain from including information and comments irrelevant to your question.
These questions are for Tom to answer, so please do not be tempted to post a reply to someone else’s question. If you want to make a comment, post it in the Fan Community → About Tom’s Newsletters and Answers to Questions subforum.
Please do your research before asking a question and try not to ask questions which Tom has answered before – either here or in interviews such as the Doctor Who Magazine articles available on this website in the Doctor Who section. If your question is factual, please try googling it first to see if you can find the answer.
Questions about whether Tom will appear at a convention or in a particular programme or film are wasted questions as he cannot talk about any offers in advance, and the moment agreement is reached, he announces the news on his website.
Tom will answer a MAXIMUM OF 15 QUESTIONS PER MONTH.

Strictly Come Dancing and its like

Postby John Hughes on December 7th, 2011, 11:41 am

Hello, Tom.

I thought I might pose a slightly silly question, as we're in the month of festivities...

Given the huge success and public adoration that one-time breakfast telly astrologer Russell Grant has experienced this year on 'Strictly Come Dancing' - which has sent his personal star soaring again - I wonder if you would ever consider taking part in any of those "celebrity-based" shows? Indeed, have you ever been asked to participate in one?

I understand that your namesake and fellow-Doctor, Colin, is a contestant on 'Come Dine With Me' over Christmas. So, I just wonder if we'd ever have the joy of watching you ballroom dance, ice-skate, feed four strangers at your dinner table, share a house with a random bunch of "faces" or go camping in the jungle?

I wouldn't blame you if the answer is a resounding "No"....

All good wishes, as ever...
John

P.S. Tom, I would also just like to take this opportunity to say a huge "Thank You" for your kind and considered responses to my questions throughout the year. Our regular "communications" have meant a very great deal, and brought enormous pleasure. I wish you, your good lady wife and all those you love a very happy, healthy and enjoyable Christmas.
John Hughes

Re: Strictly Come Dancing and its like

Postby Tom Baker on December 21st, 2011, 1:37 pm

Dear John,

I have been asked to go on many of these shows but my wife, who knows what is good for me, advises against. I am getting regular invites for various other things but I need to be wooed these days. I am to play a robot in an animation job in February. And am going to the Big Finish and BBC AudioGo launch at the 10th Planet event in February for the release of all the stuff I have recorded this year. A lot!

Happy Christmas from Tom
Tom Baker
Site Admin

Return to Questions for December 2011