stunning portraits of tom

Talk about Tom.

Moderator: Moderator

Re: stunning portraits of tom

Postby OliverMcNeil on November 26th, 2011, 2:57 pm

Very well spotted!! :D

I spotted the reflections in the studio light and asked Tom to stoop down ...

"Stoop! I never stoop!" Tom exclaimed in a laugh.

We found a chair. :D

The shots were taken in a wonderful antique shop in the Town of Rye, a location found by Tom and Sue. (more about that can be found in the news letter summer 2010 I think).

"The good listener" was shot at my studio, and I set up the studio to make Tom as relaxed as possible. My studio is a intimate place and I wanted to create a sense of connection between Tom and his fans. I got him to put his hands under his chin, as I wanted to see the age in his skin as well as the wisdom in his eyes. An old sage about to pass on advice to an eager young disciple.
OliverMcNeil

Postby tracy on November 26th, 2011, 3:44 pm

:D thats very clever the way you did all this oliver im glad tom enjoyed himself to in taking part in all this and i tell you some think its hard to choose just 1 faverite how can you when they are all so wonderfull they are all my fave .tomtastic and yes it is the summer news letter 2010 :D
tracy with out the E
tracy

Postby ThetaSigma on November 26th, 2011, 6:23 pm

What an amazing collection of art prints of the Tomness! Quite stunning to say the least! He looks quite happy in the ones I have seen, he must have had quite a laugh posing for the pictures!
I probably am one of the ones who cannot afford them, however, but it is quite nice to see them. I enjoy looking at them. Thanks to all involved!
ThetaSigma

Postby OliverMcNeil on November 26th, 2011, 9:42 pm

One thing I mentioned in my press realise was the fact that I have photographed actors from the movie, the classic Who and the current incarnation.

Just for fun here are the actors ... Tell me which episodes or movies they were in:

Barrie Ingham
Leslie Grantham
Edmond Moulton
and
Oscar Lloyd
OliverMcNeil

Postby MCH on November 27th, 2011, 12:18 am

Barrie Ingham was in the 1965 "Doctor Who and the Daleks. His character was a Thal from Scaros named Alydon.

Leslie Grantham was in the 1984, "Resurrection of the Daleks." he played a maintenance engineer named Kiston. He repared Davos's chair. Peter Davidson was the Doctor.

Edmond Moulton was in "the almost people." he played a character named Adam. It first aired on may 28 2011 on BBC One. Matt Smith was the Doctor. That was the episode where they were in an acid factory.

Oscar Lloyd was in the may 7th 2011 show, "the curse of the black spot." his character Toby Avery was the ship captains son that stowed on board. Matt Smith was the Doctor.

How's that? :D
MCH

Postby OliverMcNeil on November 27th, 2011, 10:33 am

Very very good, however Barrie Ingham was in another Doctor Who Classic ...

which one??
:D
OliverMcNeil

Postby MCH on November 27th, 2011, 1:26 pm

He also played Paris in the 1965 Doctor Who serial, "the myth maker."

How cool it was that you have spent time with and photographed such talent. But then, you are very talented too!

If you interested in looking I have some photos the I took in the " photos and talk about them" forum under the " fan community." Some in three different headings like " modulators, animals and scenery?" just my humble hobbyist photographs.

Btw, is it considered a faux pas to use the word "picture" instead of " photograph" in describing a professional photographers work? I ask this because I know that it is a faux pas to use the word "statue" instead of "sculpture". That's one way to diss an artist quickly, by using an incorrect term to describe their work. Just curious.

Oh and, is the "rameslie house" a place to take good photos? I like the church yard photo set in the town of Rye. It is interesting that you set Tom at the far end of the bench. The nearer side looks inviting for the viewer to come and sit down with him. You're so clever!
MCH

Postby OliverMcNeil on November 28th, 2011, 12:51 pm

Hi

Sorry for the late reply, very busy weekend at my studio.

To answer your question "considered a faux pas to use the word "picture" instead of " photograph" in describing a professional photographers work?" I don't mind either personally, but I would find most photographers call them "images", "portraits", "still lifes" or "landscapes", the same a painter might.

Rameslie house, was great place shoot Tom portraits (see what I did.. :) ) It was full of props and textures. You just had to move the camera slightly either side to get a whole new backdrop.

You seem to have a great talent too for capturing images (I did it again). Do you have any of people? I love your eye for colour.

Very best wishes

Oliver
OliverMcNeil

Postby MCH on November 29th, 2011, 5:50 am

Thank you sir Oliver for your kind words about my pictures. ;)
I really enjoy photography except when I can't get the camera to take the picture I want it to. Some manufacturer would make a fortune if they developed a mind reading self adjusting camera, lol.

I don't take many shots of people. I for one do not like my picture taken, so I am reluctant to take some one elses. I lucked out once and took a cool image of my hubby at Bryce canyon. The canyon was reflected in his glasses. I could show it to ya if you're interested.

Right now I have been trying to photograph my glass jewelry. Reflective surfaces are so difficult.

I like your fairy tale videos btw. And the fairy tale photography. Years ago I took a couple of pictures of friends kids and edited them so they had fairy wings and such. In one I had flying goldfish. Well they weren't actually flying with wings. Rather they were floating in the air, lol. It was fun to create and I liked it but the girls mom wasn't particularly impressed. I had drawn some fantasy art with some replies kids in them. They liked them ok.

You are a very talented guy Oliver!
MCH

Postby pattie anne on November 29th, 2011, 2:56 pm

dear mister oliver -

wow! not only did you take much of your TIME and talent and effort to create these wonderful images for us all, you have taken the TIME to come here and tell us all about your adventures with our Favourite Lord of Time. so we are twice blessed. and only the best of luck with the merchandising end of your little enterprise.

love,
pattie anne :geek:

PS: and just adore the fairy tale side of your creative genius with the children. childhood is such a magical TIME of life anyWHO, and you have captured that sweetness and innocence perfectly. you are quite the story teller in your own 'write'. author, author! :mrgreen:

p a
"And as for Tom Baker, well, I'll always be the Doctor,
won't I?" TOM BAKER
pattie anne

PreviousNext

Return to The man himself