stunning portraits of tom

Talk about Tom.

Moderator: Moderator

stunning portraits of tom

Postby tracy on November 24th, 2011, 5:18 pm

:D ive seen the magnifcent photos of tom that oliver mcneil has took of tom .what can i say they are stunning all of them absolutely out of this world .id buy all of them if i could .thank you to all involed and for sharing with us all
tracy with out the E
tracy

Re: stunning portraits of tom

Postby OliverMcNeil on November 24th, 2011, 5:55 pm

Hi All,

Many thanks for your kind words Tracy. It was a real pleasure to be asked to take the portraits. I really hope you enjoy them and feel that they capture "your" Tom Baker. If you have any questions about the shoot, please ask, I would be more than happy to answer them for you.

Very best wishes

Oliver McNeil
(The Photographer)
OliverMcNeil

Postby tracy on November 24th, 2011, 6:27 pm

:D im very happy for you oliver that you have been able to take the shots of tom and you have fullfilled a life time ambition really i see you are based in hastings ami right i was there in october if id have known you were there id have popped in to the shop to say hi and have a look round .so pleased for you oliver :D
tracy with out the E
tracy

Postby Toothy Grin on November 25th, 2011, 10:53 am

I agree that the portraits are fantastic, my favourite being Tom with the clock. I do think the prices are ridiculous though - £200 plus another £80 for a frame?? Who's got that much to spare?
Toothy Grin

Postby OliverMcNeil on November 25th, 2011, 2:53 pm

Hi Guys,

Thank you for your comments. I would like to address your points on the pricing of these pieces.

These prints are designed and selected after a commissioned two day shoot. They are printed to the very highest quality. The detail and colour is amazingly rich and deep, unlike most photographic prints. The image quality is the same that you would find in a gallery. The print size is 18 x12 inches in size, with a 2 inch border. The quality of the paper is so thick it won’t be rolled. We even have the prints backed with board, so that they travel well and look amazing even before being framed either by yourself or us.

The frames are very high quality, hand made and double mounted, but you do have the option to frame them yourself. The work involved in shooting, editing, printing and autographing these exclusive portraits is considerable and the price reflects that.

People who have seen the finished product have thought it was a good price compared to similar product.

Very best wishes

Oliver McNeil
Photographer
OliverMcNeil

Postby Toothy Grin on November 25th, 2011, 3:17 pm

Fair enough. Just a shame most of Tom's fans, including myself, won't be able to afford them. :cry:
Toothy Grin

Postby tracy on November 25th, 2011, 5:05 pm

:D thank you oliver for sharing the details with us its understandble why they are the price they are as they are not like any other ordinery print .you have done a great job thank you
tracy with out the E
tracy

Postby MCH on November 26th, 2011, 6:09 am

I liked the photograph of Tom standing in the green door way. I couldn't tell if he was about to leave or was just entering. With the Doctor, you never know, lol. I also liked the one were he was standing by the clock. It reminded me a bit of the march hare in Alice in wonderland. So much to do, so little time.

Artists have a tough time getting money for the work they put into their art. Oh people like the art well enough but can't justify paying the amount. I run into that with my own art work. People want me to give it to them for nothing. If someone likes something enough they will pay what it takes. It's all a matter of choice really. Sad for artists. However, I am a bargain hunter and love to find good things for not a lot of money. It always makes me sad though when I see something handmade in a thrift shop for just a few dollars. I'd hate to think of my art being reduced to sell even in a bargain shop.

Any way, well done on the photos Oliver! They showed thoughtfulness and creativity. And I'm sure that they will be known years from now.
Last edited by MCH on November 27th, 2011, 1:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MCH

Postby OliverMcNeil on November 26th, 2011, 10:55 am

Thank you so much MCH for your kind words.

That shot with the green shutters, was taken in a house that was being renovated, I saw these two french doors leaning against a wall. I asked Tom just to hold them up and peer through. Took quite a bit of time to not make them look like a really wobbly set. I think he was quite used to ad hoc set builds.

What a great sport he is.
OliverMcNeil

Postby MCH on November 26th, 2011, 1:59 pm

Your very welcome Oliver sir.

I have a question about the photograph titled, " good listener." I was curious as to why his hands are clasped that way. Is there a special reason why the one hand is in a fist and the other one wraps around it? I ask because it just dawned on me the link between the " French doors" and Tom having lived in France. Yeah, I can be slow on the up take, lol.

Also, it took me a bit to figure out the similarity in the photo's " time traveller" and "film set." when I first saw " time traveller" I thought the reflective item behind him was a lens from a lighthouse. But when I took a look at " film set" I saw that it was that studio light. How clever of you! Where was " film set" taken? If you can divulge that information.

Thank you for your time, effort and skill to show the legendary time lord Tom Baker.
MCH
Last edited by MCH on November 27th, 2011, 1:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MCH

Next

Return to The man himself