tom at barking abby school feb 11th 2012

Talk about Tom.

Moderator: Moderator

Re: tom at barking abby school feb 11th 2012

Postby WhoGabe on July 15th, 2011, 3:11 pm

MCH wrote:Question? Are there any certain colors of clothing that shouldn't be worn there?

I don't think it's a stupid question at all!

In Italy, for instance, you should neve ever wore purple when going to the theatre or in any other venue where there is a *show* going on. That's considered bad luck, worse than mentioning the Scottish Play aloud on stage!

That's because the colour purple is the colour connected to the Christian Lent, when in Medieval times shows of any kind (theatre, street show etc) were forbidden, thus the actors literally starved for a month!

I always wondered if there is a similar "bad" colour in theatre in UK or US linked to some similar tradition.

Gabriella
<<Strange how a teapot can represent at the same time
the comforts of solitude and the pleasures of company.>>
WhoGabe

Postby tracy on July 15th, 2011, 3:43 pm

not as far as i know there aint no color here that we have to be aware of so your ok to wear what you like whogabe
tracy with out the E
tracy

Postby MCH on July 15th, 2011, 6:59 pm

Thanks Tracy,

We want to visit places around London. Museums are high on our list. Historical places as well. Too bad Gardens will be out because of winter. So, I don't know where best to stay. What is the best way for tourists to travel about the place?

Who Gabe said that she would stay at a B &B and go to places with that as her home base. Sounds like a plan. I'm pretty clueless when it comes to traveling. Eating places around is something that I'd like to explore as well. We always like to try local cuisine. It is also good to know about places to avoid.

Gabe, in the U.S. People pretty much wear whatever they want to. Though you wouldn't want to wear a bikini to church mind you. There is common sense, lol.

A friend of mine from Lebanon said that there were some colors that you should never wear in the parts of the middle east. I think bright yellow is one.
MCH

Postby tracy on July 16th, 2011, 4:07 pm

:D if you want to be right in the city itself then youd be best off looking for a bed and breakfast in the city itsself but hotels are dear .its best to google search hotels in london you could stay at toms former home which is a bed and breakfast its called the lancers thats in tunbridge wells but i think thats an hour from london so you could try the ibis they are all over london.but like i say google search and see what you get .you can stay at one of the hotels near the event then you have got the tube to get you in to the city when you want so if you want to google the hotels near the event google search hotels in highbridge road barking.ive still not heard back yet about what airport you need to fly in to sorry about that 1.hope all this has been a help to you
tracy with out the E
tracy

Postby ThetaSigma on November 21st, 2011, 5:43 pm

This is exciting news to say the very least. Tom sure does get around doesn't he? :D
ThetaSigma

Postby tracy on November 21st, 2011, 7:24 pm

thetasigma :D you will have to see if you can make it to the event it will be a great day it always is at tom events
tracy with out the E
tracy

Postby ThetaSigma on November 23rd, 2011, 1:01 am

I would love to be able to make the trip if only I didnt have so many comittments where I live. It really sounds like a lot of fun and I could use a heaping cup of that right about now lol :lol:
ThetaSigma

Postby tracy on November 23rd, 2011, 10:12 am

:D maybe 1 day it will happen for you x
tracy with out the E
tracy

Postby ThetaSigma on November 23rd, 2011, 7:20 pm

I hope it does! Thanks! :)
ThetaSigma

Postby harryfielder on January 21st, 2012, 8:24 am

Tracy, I'm coming to this gig and it will be good to catch up with Tom after so many years.....
harryfielder

PreviousNext

Return to The man himself