Tom Baker TARDIS tin

This is where to talk about your Doctor Who collections, about conventions you have been to and places where you may have met Tom.

Moderator: Moderator

Tom Baker TARDIS tin

Postby Wonkakid on November 10th, 2011, 12:52 am

Greetings, one and all. I just got a TB TARDIS tin coin bank yesterday -- something very much like this:
I've wanted one for a while. I think I'll use it to store my Whittard of Chelsea tea :-).

Rob
Chicago, USA
Wonkakid

Re: Tom Baker TARDIS tin

Postby MCH on November 10th, 2011, 4:04 am

That would make a good tea tin. Enjoy your new treasure too. I am amazed at all the tea blends that are coming out now. when I could drink tea my favorite was Earl grey. Now, when they have so many tasty blends I can't have them. So, I get little samples and just use them for aroma therapy, lol. My newest acquisition is a pumpkin spice blend.
MCH

Postby tracy on November 10th, 2011, 10:11 am

:D im glad you have got what you wanted rob there is no image so cant see what you got
tracy with out the E
tracy

Postby MCH on November 10th, 2011, 1:26 pm

Tracy, I can see the picture of the tardis tin. It must be a software glitch on your compie. The tin is shaped and looks like the tardis. Doctor Tom in coat
and scarf is standing in the door way. Sorry you can't see it. But do a search online for the tin I described. I'm sure there is a picture out there of one.
MCH

Postby Wonkakid on November 10th, 2011, 9:12 pm

Tracy, here's the link to the pic:
http://scifiblog.net/wp-content/uploads/-641701606142136040.jpg

Earl Grey is one of my favorite teas too. I loved Whittard of Chelsea's blend until they changed it about 18 months ago (they insist that they didn't but I *know* they did). Their 1886 Blend is excellent, though. I just bought six packages of their loose leaf. I buy a lot of it at a time because it costs $30 to have it shipped here (Chicago from England) -- whether I buy one box or six, so I make it worthwhile :-).

Best,

Rob
Wonkakid

Postby MCH on November 11th, 2011, 3:49 am

I thought Earl grey was just Earl grey. I didn't know that there were different kinds of Earl grey. I learned something new today. :D
Teas aren't just tea leaves any more are they? They have rose hips and spices and fruit and all kinds of things in them now. It's amazing! I can have some decaf varieties though not too much as I've developed an intolerance to caffiene. It's sad because I really like tea.
I have never cared much for coffee but I love the smell. I have containers of coffee beans around that I open and take a sniff of once in a while, lol.
MCH

Postby tracy on November 11th, 2011, 10:08 am

:D its showing now thats great ive been looking at one of them for some time i like it
tracy with out the E
tracy

Postby Wonkakid on November 13th, 2011, 3:42 am

tracy wrote::D its showing now thats great ive been looking at one of them for some time i like it

You're in luck. There's at least one on eBay but it ends in 18 from the time I'm posting this (it's nearly 3:00 a.m. London time, Sunday morning -- hope you see this before then).

See: http://www.ebay.com/itm/DOCTOR-rare-vintage-80s-TARDIS-coin-bank-TOM-BAKER-/150692882161?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item2315fee6f1

Rob
Wonkakid

Postby ThetaSigma on February 23rd, 2012, 11:02 pm

My mother drinks herbal tea. I don't drink tea but if I didit might be Earl Grey. Earl Grey was a favorite drink of Captain Jean-luc Picard on Star Trek:The Next Generation. :lol:
ThetaSigma

Return to Memorabilia, Merchandise, and Doctor Who Conventions