The Edinburgh Fringe Festival

Read guidelines first. Start new topic in August to post your question.

Moderator: Forum Moderator

Forum rules
PLEASE READ CAREFULLY
Start new topic to post your question. One question allowed per member per month. Ask one concise question per post, and please refrain from including information and comments irrelevant to your question.
These questions are for Tom to answer, so please do not be tempted to post a reply to someone else’s question. If you want to make a comment, post it in the Fan Community → About Tom’s Newsletters and Answers to Questions subforum.
Please do your research before asking a question and try not to ask questions which Tom has answered before – either here or in interviews such as the Doctor Who Magazine articles available on this website in the Doctor Who section. If your question is factual, please try googling it first to see if you can find the answer.
Questions about whether Tom will appear at a convention or in a particular programme or film are wasted questions as he cannot talk about any offers in advance, and the moment agreement is reached, he announces the news on his website.
Tom will answer a MAXIMUM OF 15 QUESTIONS PER MONTH.

The Edinburgh Fringe Festival

Postby John Hughes on August 2nd, 2011, 7:07 pm

Dear Tom,

As ever, I hope this finds you well, sir?

Once again, the Edinburgh Fringe Festival is upon us and I find myself wondering the following;

Have you ever considered hosting your own one man show at the Fringe?

I see this as 'Tea-Time Tales with Tom,' in which you might dispense pearls of wisdom or general comment on the day's events, or simply pass comment on whatever happens to cross your mind that day.

Audience interaction optional, naturally!

I am quite certain you would be a sell-out, and the highlight of the Fringe!

What do you say, sir?

As ever, my good wishes and appreciation,

John Hughes

PS On a slightly different note, I have been asked to convey good wishes to you from my friend. Garron Martin, who was delighted to meet you recently upon the occasion of Nicholas Courtney's recent memorial service, at which your presence undoubtedly enhanced the day.
John Hughes

Re: The Edinburgh Fringe Festival

Postby Tom Baker on August 12th, 2011, 10:49 am

John

I have been in 5 shows on the fringe. Nick Courtney and Michael McManus talked of putting together a show where we both were in heaven and bored and were able to communicate with the other place where the company was having one hell of a good time!

My good wishes to you

Tom
Tom Baker
Site Admin

Return to Questions for August 2011