Dr Who Guest stars

Read guidelines first. Start new topic in July to post your question.

Moderator: Forum Moderator

Forum rules
PLEASE READ CAREFULLY
Start new topic to post your question. One question allowed per member per month. Ask one concise question per post, and please refrain from including information and comments irrelevant to your question.
These questions are for Tom to answer, so please do not be tempted to post a reply to someone else’s question. If you want to make a comment, post it in the Fan Community → About Tom’s Newsletters and Answers to Questions subforum.
Please do your research before asking a question and try not to ask questions which Tom has answered before – either here or in interviews such as the Doctor Who Magazine articles available on this website in the Doctor Who section. If your question is factual, please try googling it first to see if you can find the answer.
Questions about whether Tom will appear at a convention or in a particular programme or film are wasted questions as he cannot talk about any offers in advance, and the moment agreement is reached, he announces the news on his website.
Tom will answer a MAXIMUM OF 15 QUESTIONS PER MONTH.

Dr Who Guest stars

Postby SJS4ever on July 5th, 2011, 9:35 pm

Dear Tom,
During your time as the 4th Doctor, did you ever suggest to the producers any actors/actresses that you admired to guest star in Dr Who?
My favourite guest stars were Philip Madoc & Beatrix Lehmann who were both superb in the Brain of Morbius & in the Stones of Blood respectively.
Finally I would like to say that your era as the Doctor was the best and you & the lovely Lis Sladen will always be the best Doctor and companion.

Matt
SJS4ever

Re: Dr Who Guest stars

Postby Tom Baker on July 18th, 2011, 12:10 pm

Dear Matt,

I never suggested the names of visiting actors - that would have been tactless. But Philip was wonderful in Morbius. He invented a line in rehearsal when he dropped the brain and quite spontaneously he exclaimed "Sorry, Morbius." It was left in at the take and I always laugh. Beatrix also was great and she loved John Leeson and gave him a wonderful present at the end. She loved me too but John was her favourite. I think it was her last job.

All the best

Tom
Tom Baker
Site Admin

Return to Questions for July 2011