The best way to have Tom back as the Doc

Talk about Doctor Who when Tom played the Doctor (1974 - 1981).

Moderator: Moderator

The best way to have Tom back as the Doc

Postby metalheadjay on July 11th, 2011, 4:53 am

The audios are all good but what about a "Doctor Who" animated series with the 4th Doc?! I think this is as close as we can get to Tom in the flesh as the Doc again. One question. Why hasn't this been done yet? You can get some of the best Sci-Fi writers who are familiar with the "Who" Universe and of course Tom voicing the Doc and it will be as close to the real thing as you can get. What do you guys think?

Jay
metalheadjay

Re: The best way to have Tom back as the Doc

Postby tch on July 11th, 2011, 12:09 pm

I'd love to see a Who cartoon.
There have been a couple attempts at animation ( Scream of the Shalka and the restored episodes of the Invasion) but nobody has ever taken the big leap to do an actual cartoon.

Though, I don't know much about the British animation industry, is there a studio that could handle it?
Maybe they could partner with a Japanese anime studio and everyone would have that big spiky hair?
tch

Postby MCH on July 11th, 2011, 12:27 pm

Lol, TCH. Big spiky hair. And the female companions would have piggy tails and big puppy dog eyes and carry back packs. It would be cool if it were done by Hayao Miyazaki.

MCH
MCH

Postby tch on July 11th, 2011, 11:43 pm

Wow! A Miyazaki animated Doctor Who movie would be brilliant!

And don't forget, the mandatory 'female member of the cast must take a bath every third episode' rule of anime.

Plus, I want an anime designed K-9.
tch

Postby MCH on July 12th, 2011, 3:39 am

I couldn't believe the one episode of DW with Matt Smith where he was in the shower and came out into the hallway with just a towel on and an electric tooth brush, lol. I think there needs to be more scenes like that. 8-)

But back to Miyazaki, I love his animations. I think that his style would fit in well with the otherworldliness of Doctor Who.

A K9 that had robotic legs. Yes, there is a chance to make a wicked K9. K9 Mach 2AWSM, lol.

MCH
MCH

Return to Doctor Who - the Tom Baker years