Monster Swap

This is the place for anything which doesn't go anywhere else!

Moderator: Moderator

Monster Swap

Postby tch on June 9th, 2011, 5:17 pm

Been quiet around here, so I figure, time for another geeky Doctor Who debate.

What aliens/Monsters from the new series do you wish had been around in the old one and what Doctor would you like to see them cross paths with.

My list:

Weeping Angels: almost any Doctor, but I think they would fit perfectly into the gothicy era of Tom's run.They'd also be good in the black and white Hartnell era.

Ood: For some reason I see these guys fitting in to either the Hartnell era or the Pertwee best.

Judoon: I love these guys and want every Doctor to have a Judoon story.

Your list doesn't have to be three. Whatever makes you happy.
tch

Re: Monster Swap

Postby Graceful Leonard on July 6th, 2011, 7:07 pm

I must say I have seen very little of 'new Who'. But I do like the look of the statues (angels?)...they remind me a little of the guy in the Deamons all those years ago.
"A man's work is nothing but this slow trek to rediscover, through the detours of art, those two or three great and simple images in whose presence his heart first opened."
Graceful Leonard

Postby The Cloaked One on July 12th, 2011, 5:06 pm

The Ood, Hartnell would laugh and go "I've dealt with you guys just a few weeks back" and they'll go "no you did not. You dealt with our cousins. We gotta giant brain here, that makes us special. XD" Harnell would also poke the Atraxi in the eye.

The Weeping angels, Tom Baker would probably be the reason why they weep. Pertwee would not be afraid to show them good ol' Venusian karate before be warped back in time. That'll show them.

the Vashta Narada, Hartnell would wave his cane at them angrily. They probably wouldn't like his skin and bone tough old man flesh neither.

There really has not been an extreme amount of new creatures in Nu Who. Absorbalof can just sit where he is. I'm not sure any Doctor would be too keen in dealing with the Adipose. The Vampires of Venice and the Carrionites could meet McCoy for good measure I guess. XD
Si-Fy and Fantasy, that is where my heart lies. To Doctor Who and its 18 years of brilliance, still waiting on the 50 yr anniversary!
The Cloaked One

Postby tch on April 25th, 2013, 3:30 am

I got my wish!
In the Dw: Prisoners of time comic book, the 4th Doctor, Leela and K-9 land on a planet that has been occupied by the Judoon!
and it was as much fun as my fevered imaginings had thought it would be.
tch

Return to Miscellaneous