Doctor Who Video Games?

Talk about Doctor Who when Tom played the Doctor (1974 - 1981).

Moderator: Moderator

Doctor Who Video Games?

Postby Graceful Leonard on July 6th, 2011, 7:04 pm

It surprises me that more hasn't been done with Doctor Who video games. I remember they did a rather crude one years ago, and the BBC has done a few mini-games, but they could do so much these days.

What about an online Doctor Who game in which you could play as a companion, for instance, or as one of the famous monsters...or even the doctor of your choice.

Of course, it would have to have the Voice of Tom in it somewhere.
"A man's work is nothing but this slow trek to rediscover, through the detours of art, those two or three great and simple images in whose presence his heart first opened."
Graceful Leonard

Re: Doctor Who Video Games?

Postby metalheadjay on July 16th, 2011, 6:58 pm

I'm still waiting for a good one...with the 4th Doc as the primary character voiced by Tom or Jon Culshaw. Would love to have a MMO(Massive Multiplayer online game). Have hope, we'll get it.
metalheadjay

Postby Graceful Leonard on July 17th, 2011, 3:54 pm

metalheadjay wrote:I'm still waiting for a good one...with the 4th Doc as the primary character voiced by Tom or Jon Culshaw. Would love to have a MMO(Massive Multiplayer online game). Have hope, we'll get it.

An MMO would be great, but I'm not sure how they'd do it...everyone would want to be Tom!
"A man's work is nothing but this slow trek to rediscover, through the detours of art, those two or three great and simple images in whose presence his heart first opened."
Graceful Leonard

Postby metalheadjay on March 2nd, 2012, 6:12 pm

You make a good point there. How about just a good RPG with the 4th Doctor(voiced by Tom) for consoles? Would love that! It would be almost like having Tom back in the flesh and you could live your dream of being the 4th Doc. Man, that would be totally awesome!
metalheadjay

Postby Graceful Leonard on April 9th, 2012, 4:22 pm

metalheadjay wrote:You make a good point there. How about just a good RPG with the 4th Doctor(voiced by Tom) for consoles? Would love that! It would be almost like having Tom back in the flesh and you could live your dream of being the 4th Doc. Man, that would be totally awesome!

Well, I'm a PC gamer, but Dr Who would make a brilliant RPG. Choosing which doctor to play would be similar to chosing a character class, and your party (if it was like Mass Effect or Dragon Age) could be your favourite selection of companions. It seems almost perfect.
Graceful Leonard

Return to Doctor Who - the Tom Baker years