Let's go (Harold) Camping

This is the place for anything which doesn't go anywhere else!

Moderator: Moderator

Re: Let's go (Harold) Camping

Postby tch on May 23rd, 2011, 3:11 pm

I know about the Mayan calender, who dat, and how the people using it to predict the end of the world are as reliable as those psychics who advertise on late night TV.

Just a joke. Last saturday was my fifth end of the world, so I've grown a bit jaded about the whole thing.

Must say though, you win for coolest conversation starter of the day with 'I was talking to my friend, the Mayan..."
tch

Postby pattie anne on May 26th, 2011, 4:32 pm

was just going to correct the mayan myth but was beaten to the punch.

seems all harold did was say, was ooops there was a mistake in my calculation AGAIN!

sweet. real consolation for all of his flock WHO sold everything, and now have to rebuild their lives, as they sincerely believed him. (and did he really have to be named HAROLD :?: :?: :?:)

besides, i knew that harold was wrong all along, giving the correct TIME of the rapture one must include all 24 HOURs and two DAYs (international date line on round globe with 24 TIME zones) in that prediction. see why the Lord said no one would know the DAY nor the HOUR? it will be a different TIME and/or DAY for all the Christians scattered around the globe at His return. i mean, the Guy made the world, so i also know He knew it was round! ;)

"only The Church saw Him leave, only His Bride (The Church) will see Him return."
pattie anne

all the rest will think it was aliens (or whatever the bogus story the anti-christ comes up with)

BTW the Rapture IS NOT the end of the world, it is just the end of the period of Grace for the church. i do so hate it when supposed men of God get it wrong. gives us all a black eye. and fighting satan and his minions is dang well hard enough on its own. :shock:

p. a.
"And as for Tom Baker, well, I'll always be the Doctor,
won't I?" TOM BAKER
pattie anne

Postby tch on May 27th, 2011, 12:06 pm

But, not to worry, Harold says he found his mistake and it's really October.
and this time he means it.

What a knucklehead. Sad part is, he still has followers, despite what an utter quack he turned out to be.

From now on, until I see the Dalek mother ship actually show up in the sky, I'm giving up on this end of the world stuff. Every time it's been a letdown.
tch

Postby pattie anne on May 28th, 2011, 1:38 pm

dear all -

during one of the fall jewish feasts days makes 'moore' sense. personally i see it happening around that TIME of the year, whenever that particular year/day/time does come around. many think it will also fall during an eclipse of the sun. the problem in setting a precise date is when exactly do we go from the day 2 to day 3 according to Hosea 6:1:

"Come, and let us return unto the LORD: for he hath torn, and he will heal us; he hath smitten, and he will bind us up. 6:2 After two days will he revive us: in the third day he will raise us up, and we shall live in his sight."

Jesus' birth? when He knew He was God? when He first sent the apostles off two by two to preach? at His death? when He arose? at His ascension? how about at pentecost? maybe, even with the death of John the beloved (last apostle standing)? THAT is the theologian's quandary, and why we have so many confusing, conflicting dates given.

revelation, and other books of the Bible give many "Signs of the TIME of the Rapture," without going into a specific, singular point in TIME, though we are certainly pointed towards one day that will happen, when this and this and this and this occurs.

oh, absolutely - couldn't agree 'moore':

either it is ALL "the word of God" or none of it is.

also

either Jesus is EXACTLY WHO He said He was, or the Jews were perfectly within their rights under Moses' Law to kill Him for claiming to be the I AM, which if He was not, He was for sure one colossal liar.

we disagree on the following:

The Bible does not contradict itself. From the beginning of Genesis where God promises Eve from her seed will come the savior of the world, to Revelation where Jesus says, "Behold I come quickly," there is no jot nor tittle out of place.

Jesus is God - Jesus is the son of God (the two being one and the same).

finally, regarding olde harold camping. of course he is basing everything he figures on his study and his interpretation and his understanding of the Bible. he is just sincerely wrong. he is not rightly dividing the word of truth.

2 Timothy 2:15 (King James Version)

"Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth."

love,
pattie anne :geek:

PS: and i am very please to see his followers do read revelation, for even pastors in my own denomination refuse to teach out of the last book of the Bible, let alone what the rest of Christendom is doing or not doing. but even as we speak, my church is currently studying revelation every sunday night, and we are at present on chapter 11. i read revelation more than i read any other book of the Bible. why? well, it is the only book that promises a blessing on all WHO take the TIME to read it.

Revelation 1:3 (King James Version)

"Blessed is he that readeth, and they that hear the words of this prophecy, and keep those things which are written therein: for the time is at hand."

p. a.
won't I?" TOM BAKER
pattie anne

Postby tch on May 28th, 2011, 3:18 pm

I never got the hating the jews for killing Christ thing.
Weren't the romans in charge at that time? How come we don't hate the italians?
tch

Postby pattie anne on May 30th, 2011, 12:08 pm

i don't hate any one for this crime, as Christ willingly gave up His life as no man/race/religion/government took it from Him.

but in a very specific way, WE ALL are responsible for His death ... yup, back to that SIN thingy again. if human beings had never "fallen "... He would have never had to "rise."

LAST EDITED 11:29AM -

oh dear, dear, dear, dear. didn't know religion was not to be discussed here at TOM's Place for a TIME now.

:oops:

please accept my sincere apology FM, ADMIN, dirk, william and even pedalo. and i will go quietly in the night. but on to the really, really important things in the Universe like Doctor Who and TOM BAKER. :mrgreen:

love,
pattie anne :geek:
won't I?" TOM BAKER
pattie anne

Postby Who dat? on May 31st, 2011, 2:17 pm

The latest news from my friend the Mayan. He's moving his store to a better location to position himself for the returning economy. No end of the world in his eyes. BTW, he's a sixth generation cigar maker and you simply try one of his hand rolled beauties!
Doctor: "I'm Lord President, and I'm called sir."
Who dat?

Postby MCH on May 31st, 2011, 8:48 pm

WhoDat,

I have been going to cigar shops to get those little spacer sticks in the cigar boxes for carving. Many of them are made from Spanish Cedar which has a wonderful aroma. I'm going to carve a cigar man for the one shop owner. He said that he would supply me with more sticks. They usually just throw them away. I have made some Santa ornaments from some of them. As for the cigars, I have never smoked them or anything else. I do like the smell of some of the brands though tobacco smoke can give me migraines. Especially cigarettes. I have collected some really cool boxes. Two of them are lined with tobacco leaves.

I've seen purses made from the boxes and have heard of people making little guitars out of them. Some of my carving buddies use them to keep their knives in. Handy little things and they smell sooo good! Lol

MCH
MCH

Postby bcm77 on June 10th, 2011, 9:22 pm

As far as I'm concerned Mr Camping is a con man who preys on the weak and vulnerable.

In a textbook display of religious hypocrisy he tells people to give up all their possessions & savings to join him but personally gives up nothing and then shows no remorse when his fake predictions end up leaving people who believed him in a mess.

The world will end some day but I think it will be due to something like an asteroid collision or even more likely humanity will probably destroy itself.
"I'm not a human being........I'm a Time Lord. I walk in eternity"
bcm77

Postby Gold Usher on September 3rd, 2011, 3:04 pm

Well he better not be right in October, hate to be married only a month or so before the End of the World.

Or maybe by then Doctor Partner will have decided today was the end of the world (or rather this evening as it hasn't happened yet) when he married me :lol:
Gold Usher

PreviousNext

Return to Miscellaneous