Ack Continuity!

This is the place for anything which doesn't go anywhere else!

Moderator: Moderator

Re: Ack Continuity!

Postby Clara Listensprechen on May 16th, 2011, 5:06 pm

----
Last edited by Clara Listensprechen on May 30th, 2011, 12:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
Clara Listensprechen

Postby tch on May 16th, 2011, 5:36 pm

Funny, as I'm the opposite like the New Who series, but couldn't stand new Galactica. Too dark and political for my tastes.
Not to mention turning the Cylons into Terminators and Starbuck into a girl.
Shame, as Edward James Olmos is a favorite of mine,

Keep meaning to check out the Stargate spi-offs, but there's so much there I'd need to cash in vacation time from work to ever have a hope of catching up.

Has anybody listened to the Stargate audios Big Finish has done?
tch

Postby Clara Listensprechen on May 16th, 2011, 11:09 pm

----
Last edited by Clara Listensprechen on May 30th, 2011, 12:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
Clara Listensprechen

Postby MCH on May 17th, 2011, 2:42 am

I just like watching Doctor Who. It doesn't matter to me if it's classic or not.
Today I watched, "Daleks invasion of earth 2150 AD." It was ok. What's with the Daleks using something that looks like steam? That was goofy. I really enjoyed the bit where the cop tried to blend in with the robo people. That was some good comedy, lol.

MCH
MCH

Postby tch on May 17th, 2011, 2:52 am

Think we're going to have to agree to disagree, clara, as the more you describe BG the less appealing it sounds.

Though, your description of Atlantis makes me want to watch it, ( after i finish the original series.) as I am both a guy and a appreciator of eye candy.
My favorite kind of candy, after jelly babies of course.

I'm still not seeing the evil of the Moffat era. Though, I've only seen the first series ( so, no spoilers please) but I really enjoyed Moffat's first run with Matt Smith, but don't see this major disconnect from Who continuity.

I'm with MCH in that I love all Who. All 11 of them ( and Peter Cushing. Why is it taking netflix so long to get his two movies?)
tch

Postby The Cloaked One on May 17th, 2011, 3:01 am

All the Si-fy I've seen includes:
Almost all of Doctor Who
All of Red Dwarf
Firefly and Serenity
First season of Farscape
First season of Stargate and the movie

Si-fy anime:
Outlaw Star
Saber Marionette J (sorta)

Still haven't seen much of Star Trek, Battle star Galactica, Babylon 5, and many others.
Si-Fy and Fantasy, that is where my heart lies. To Doctor Who and its 18 years of brilliance, still waiting on the 50 yr anniversary!
The Cloaked One

Postby Clara Listensprechen on May 17th, 2011, 3:05 am

----
Last edited by Clara Listensprechen on May 30th, 2011, 12:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
Clara Listensprechen

Postby tch on May 17th, 2011, 3:36 am

See, I love the Foundation books ( okay, the last two went a bit off the rails...but the first three are brilliant) but BG left me cold.
Maybe cause Asimov stuck to politics and space opera and didn't include any killer robots disguised as half naked blondes...no, it can't be that... I like those...must be something else...I think it's because Foundation had more a sense of hope and adventure, while BG just seemed so dark and glum.

Or because I watched the old one on TV and preferred it as cheesy space opera.
Take your pick. The answer's in there somewhere.

Since I haven't seen any series 6, and am avoiding spoilers like the plague, then I 'll move on as to the 'Moffat is evil' stuff. I'll get back to you when it gets released on DVD.

Aside for the Cloaked one: Outlaw Star is brilliant stuff. One of my faves. If you like that, you might want to track down Cowboy Bebop. Bit darker, but very good.
tch

Postby Clara Listensprechen on May 17th, 2011, 5:30 am

----
Clara Listensprechen

Postby The Cloaked One on May 17th, 2011, 6:05 am

Yep, still need to watch Cowboy Bebop, I've gotten an earful from my brothers multiple times, still need to see it. XD
Let me add to the list: some of the Sarah Connor Chronicles, Irresponsible Captain Tylor, Martian Successor Nadesico (I think that's how it's spelt), Gundam Wing, Robotech, and more recently Teppen toppa Gurren Lagaan.
Outlaw Star is an awesome anime,it was the first show I thought of when I started watching Firefly, there's definitely some similarities in the early episodes. XD

No one likes the Prime Directives. That's what wrecked Voyager, always a Prime Directive in the way. In Doctor Who, the Time Lords were equivalent to the Prime Directives squared, even executing the second for breaking them (Doesn't stop some of the higher ups finding uses for the good ol' Doc though).

On a separate note, to those interested. I just uploaded my parody. Just to be on the safe side, none of the mods here nor Baker support or endorse my vids in any way. You can view it on my deviantart. My account name is the same on that website, just with dashes between the words and the video is called Doctor Who Parody Two.
If you have any comments, please just either pm me or leave them on my other account. Thank you.
Si-Fy and Fantasy, that is where my heart lies. To Doctor Who and its 18 years of brilliance, still waiting on the 50 yr anniversary!
The Cloaked One

PreviousNext

Return to Miscellaneous