companion swap

This is the place for anything which doesn't go anywhere else!

Moderator: Moderator

companion swap

Postby tch on May 13th, 2011, 9:48 pm

okay, enough serious debates, this place needs some some fun.
So, if you could take a companion and pair them with another Doctor,who would it be and why?

I was going to say make it your top three, but couldn't actually narrow my own list down, so go wild.

My list:

Doctor #4: I was thinking, that if Sarah Jane hadn't shown up, Tom's Doctor could have ended up with Jo Grant or Liz Shaw. I like the idea of either lady paired with the Doctor.
Also though pairing him with Zoe and Jamie would be fun.

#7: Harry and Sarah.

#9: Ace, since she was pretty much a prototype Rose anyway, but with explosives...! I also thought that he'd be interesting with Ben and Polly. As companions, they've been pretty much ignored, and they have expierence dealing with a grumpy Doctor.

#11: Leela. This is just because I think it would funny seeing Matt Smith's Doctor trying to keep Leela from killing people.

Honorable mention:
K-9 and Kamelion with every Doctor. K-9 because he's just that cool and Kamelion, because he's another companion that got a raw deal and should have another chance to show what a good companion he could have been.
tch

Re: companion swap

Postby Clara Listensprechen on May 14th, 2011, 12:54 am

----
Last edited by Clara Listensprechen on May 30th, 2011, 12:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
Clara Listensprechen

Postby MCH on May 14th, 2011, 3:19 am

I think a disastrous pair would be Leela and the 9th Doctor. That Doctor fresh from the time war would really be put off being around the huntress. I think he'd drop her like a hot potato.

What about Romana the first with Tennant? He could be a little classy when the occasion called for it.

And maybe the second Romana with Doctor 8.

I think Amy Pond would get along with the 7th Doctor. Though she wouldn't be able to push him around like she does Matt's Doctor.

Poor Rory, where would he fit? Maybe with Troughton's Doctor. And without Amy. She treats him like a dog the poor guy, but he is starting to come around a bit. Hmm, but now I'm not so sure. Rory and the 2nd doctor may never be able to decide what to do, lol.

Pertwee's doctor might have enjoyed Rose Tylers energy. Though she would be less likely to follow him around like a lovesick puppy. But her mother might still put the moves on the Doc, lol.

Maybe Tom's doc paired with Martha Jones. She's intelligent and not afraid to go out on a limb. But she wouldn't take any guff off him.

MCH
MCH

Postby Clara Listensprechen on May 14th, 2011, 3:30 am

----
Last edited by Clara Listensprechen on May 30th, 2011, 12:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
Clara Listensprechen

Postby tch on May 14th, 2011, 3:52 am

I like the pairing of Tom's Doctor and Martha.

I wanted to pair Susan with another Doctor, but couldn't find a match that worked for me.
Maybe the 11th, as Matt Smith is so young looking and if the they had Caroline Ford, she'd look older than her grandfather. I like that idea.
tch

Postby Prydonian on May 21st, 2011, 9:37 pm

Ace would work well with Tom's Doctor IMO. Think of the fun having her blow things up to the Doctor's annoyance, not very unlike his relationship with Leela and her janis thorns. :D
Prydonian

Postby tch on December 18th, 2011, 1:32 pm

Two companion thoughts:

Just read that when Patrick Troughton was planning to leave the BBC wanted Jamie and Zoe to stay on to help transition in the new Doctor.
Thought that was an interesting idea.

Rumor has it that Amy and Rory are leaving in season 7, so the Doctor needs a new companion. Well, 'Sarah Jane Adventures' is done, so the BBC has a K-9 just sitting there, gathering dust...
tch

Postby MCH on December 18th, 2011, 2:19 pm

River Song, the Doctors wife, will be his companion. I guess they could have a dog too. Well, when she's not in prison that is. What about an episode where the Doctor has a bunch of strange people on the Tardis that he saved somewhere but doesn't know where to drop them off?
Last edited by MCH on December 18th, 2011, 5:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MCH

Postby Graceful Leonard on December 18th, 2011, 4:32 pm

I would like to see the doctor get an older full-time companion. Someone in their sixties. It's been too formulaic recently. No more love interests for a while, please.
"A man's work is nothing but this slow trek to rediscover, through the detours of art, those two or three great and simple images in whose presence his heart first opened."
Graceful Leonard

Postby tch on December 18th, 2011, 6:37 pm

It'd be great if he had an older woman companion ( I thought Adeline from 'Waters of Mars' would have been a great pick) because technically, she'd still be younger than the Doctor, but people would assume she's in charge because she looks older.

another thought: dear god no, not River Song as a full time companion!

She worked better with Matt Smith and become tolerable, but I couldn't take her in every episode.

I do hope they don't do the 'girl from now' companion, after Amy. Let's try something different. Been a long time since we had a companion from a past historical time.
tch

Next

Return to Miscellaneous