toms former home

Talk about Tom.

Moderator: Moderator

toms former home

Postby tracy on May 9th, 2011, 9:11 am

:D i was looking at bed and breakfast in tunbridge wells for when i go to london which wont be till tom does a signing. any way i came across a bed and breakfast called the lancers and was reading that it was the former home of tom baker but they had put the 2nd dr who any way i emailed them to say tom baker was the 4th dr who .so well i thought it would be quicker to ring the place so i did i said how wonderfull the place was and hope they didnt mind me saying that tom baker was the 4th dr who .the lady thanked me and said she would change it as she has never seen dr who so she was glad of that infomation .any way it loks a really nice place so i mite decide to stay there when i go to london when tom does a signing
tracy with out the E
tracy

Re: toms former home

Postby MCH on May 9th, 2011, 12:39 pm

Wow how cool! His old home turned into a place to stay a while and have a small meal together. Kinda makes ya feel all warm and fuzzy inside don't it? :D I wonder if they have any cats around as well?

I bet the lady was very surprised to get your call, lol. Did you suggest to her to check out Tom's website and see pictures of when he lived there?

It sounds like a fan stop to me! How wonderful that you found it Tracy! Thanks bunches!

MCH
MCH

Postby tracy on May 9th, 2011, 2:15 pm

:D no i didnt tell the lady about toms website i should have done .why ive never found that place before when ive been looking for places to stay i will never know it might be ive not looked for bed and breakfast in tunbridge wells before thats why .o the joy of having a laptop what you can find when looking for things
tracy with out the E
tracy

Postby MCH on May 9th, 2011, 5:12 pm

Tracy,
I looked at their website and it says the fourth Doctor now! Lol
I love those gardens. I wonder if Tom's gravestone is still next door or did he move it with him? You could stay at the BnB and go next door and have a convo with Tom's old acquaintances, lol. I wonder who wakes them up with a mower these days? Maybe they miss him. :?

MCH
MCH

Postby tracy on May 10th, 2011, 9:27 am

the lady put it right which was good of her .its a very nice place to .i was reading what they put about the one room where toms guests stayed when they came to viist very nice place indeed i hope they have some vacancys now when i do go and i will take a peak at toms grave stone to :D
tracy with out the E
tracy

Postby Prydonian on May 10th, 2011, 9:41 pm

This is an amazing stroke of luck. So this is the house the Bakers lived in prior to moving to France, then?
Prydonian

Postby jaybee on May 11th, 2011, 6:32 am

No, this is the house they lived in after they came back from France. They weren't there for very long before they moved to "Tom's Paradise" where they live now.
jaybee

Postby MCH on May 11th, 2011, 12:45 pm

But I thought it was where they lived before they went to France. Isn't it where they moved after Tom did the Sherlock Holmes gig?

The website says that they bought it directly from the Bakers. Check out the website, it's interesting to see pictures of it. The lancer bed and breakfast.

Toodles,
MCH
MCH

Postby jaybee on May 11th, 2011, 2:39 pm

Before the move to France, the Bakers lived in Boughton Malherbe, Kent in a converted schoolhouse. That is where the gravestone is -- at the neighbouring church. They moved to France. When they moved back, they bought a house in Tunbridge Wells. That is the house that is now a B & B. They didn't live there for long -- maybe a year or two; then they moved to the countryside where they now live.
jaybee

Postby tracy on May 11th, 2011, 4:31 pm

:D and tom and sue have there own woods to which i bet is wonderfull with the wild life and tom has made wigwams to where they live now if im permitted to i will ask if we can put the photo of the lancers bed and breakfast on here if not you can google it just type in the lancers bed and breakfast tunbridge wells and you will see it
tracy with out the E
tracy

Next

Return to The man himself