How would the Fourth Doctor react to the other Doctors?

Talk about Doctor Who when Tom played the Doctor (1974 - 1981).

Moderator: Moderator

Re: How would the Fourth Doctor react to the other Doctors?

Postby bcm77 on May 4th, 2011, 11:27 pm

metalheadjay wrote:I only cried during one regeneration scene. And that was in "Logopolis" when Tom parted.

Jay

Althought I never saw that story until sometime in 2007/8 it's something I find sad to watch because I consider it the point where the show started it's slippery slide towards cancellation and the resurrection that has so far struggled to achieve mediocrity.

I just got the region 2 DVD of "Planet of the Spiders" in the last couple of days and by comparison the regeneration is very uplifting because although one very special era was ending, the one that followed would be even better.
"I'm not a human being........I'm a Time Lord. I walk in eternity"
bcm77

Postby Prydonian on May 5th, 2011, 2:13 am

I can't wait get the Region 1 Planet of the Spiders next week. The story offers so much and you really feel a titan is leaving the proverbial room at the conclusion.
Prydonian

Postby MadMonk on May 7th, 2011, 8:21 pm

I've always wondered what a joint 3rd/4th Doctor story would have been like.

Quite a confrontation I would expect and that's before you get to any alien menace!!! :mrgreen:
MadMonk

Postby Prydonian on May 7th, 2011, 10:45 pm

Good one, MadMonk. You know, I read last night that Jon Pertwee enjoyed doing The Five Doctors so much that he told JN-T he would be willing to come back for future specials. Imagine a story with Jon and TB returning alongside the incumbant Doctor. The incumbant would have to be very, very good in order to keep up with the both of them! :lol:
Prydonian

Postby tch on May 7th, 2011, 11:06 pm

Now, all I can think of is what the' Two Doctors have been like with Colin Baker and Jon Pertwee, instead of Patrick Troughton.
and as a companion, this was probably be the years when Katy Manning was living in Australia, so maybe they would have gotten Liz Sladen...!
tch

Postby Prydonian on May 7th, 2011, 11:49 pm

I know! It would have great if Jon had gotten his wish, and done another episode or two! Imagine getting him and Elisabeth Sladen back for a special. I would have definitely tuned in to watch. :)
Prydonian

Postby tch on May 8th, 2011, 12:21 am

I'm a fan of any kind of Doctor team up story.

Big Finish has done a couple fun ones and now that they have Tom, I'm hoping for more.
tch

Postby Prydonian on May 10th, 2011, 10:06 pm

Should prove to be an interesting time, to say the least. It would be great having as many together for a one-off as possible, but would Tom want to try it?
Prydonian

Postby metalheadjay on May 11th, 2011, 5:46 am

From what I've heard, Tom is not too keen on the idea of working with other Doctors. Perhaps he would have worked with the first three. He has said that he didn't do the "Five Doctors" because he felt it was too soon after he had left the role.

Jay
metalheadjay

Postby tch on May 11th, 2011, 11:19 am

Now BF has enough to do their own version of 'Five Doctors'.

I want a scene where all the other Doctors are gathered around K-9 saying 'I wish I'd had one of these."
tch

PreviousNext

Return to Doctor Who - the Tom Baker years