THE ROYAL WEDDING

This is the place for anything which doesn't go anywhere else!

Moderator: Moderator

THE ROYAL WEDDING

Postby Prydonian on May 1st, 2011, 2:16 am

The wedding between Prince William and Kate Middleton occupied most of my american TV viewing yesterday, and I would like to open this topic in honor of their joining. I am impressed with the both of them and would like to wish them both good fortune as they share their lives down the years. They looked so happy in the wedding ceremony, and it was very nice to have something happy to watch on the news for a change.

Here's to them! The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge! *raises glass in honor of the happy couple* 8-)
Prydonian

Re: THE ROYAL WEDDING

Postby tracy on May 2nd, 2011, 10:16 am

:D yeah i watched it and enjoyed it the brides dress was lovley not to much and the tail or train wasnt to long either .and the crowds were well behaved to .people had been camping out for 2 or 3 days before on the pavement.im surpirzed that william and kate are not having there honey moon till a later date but thats there choice heres to william and kate all the best
tracy with out the E
tracy

Postby Clara Listensprechen on May 2nd, 2011, 6:11 pm

----
Last edited by Clara Listensprechen on May 30th, 2011, 12:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
Clara Listensprechen

Postby Prydonian on May 4th, 2011, 1:05 am

I don't see it as a fairytale wedding. I just am so happy Princess Diana's eldest son has found someone to spend his life with, and has not forgotten his mother based on everything I have read and heard and seen.
Prydonian

Postby Toothy Grin on May 6th, 2011, 4:43 pm

Didn't watch it, not interested in it. A disgusting waste of taxpayers money, a hideous spectacle. People round the world are dying of hunger, innocent people are getting blown up, people are losing their jobs and homes, but hey, doesn't Kate Middleton's tiara look nice? Pathetic!
Toothy Grin

Postby Clara Listensprechen on May 6th, 2011, 11:45 pm

----
Last edited by Clara Listensprechen on May 30th, 2011, 12:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
Clara Listensprechen

Postby Prydonian on May 7th, 2011, 12:19 am

But don't you think that it is nice to have, in the face of all this calamity, something happy and positive to watch in the news instead of all the bad things the news services are so obsessed with?

And I know all about losing homes. I lost my childhood home in 2005 and was forced to move into a trailer park. So if I can see something inhrerently good in the Wedding, then others who have not personally experienced such things should too.
Prydonian

Postby MCH on May 7th, 2011, 1:19 am

I've got nothing against seeing a fancy wedding however I wouldn't want to be one of the British citizens footing the bill. I guess it's somewhat a matter of national pride and a sense of maintaining the past. Only the Brits can decide if they want to continue paying the "royals" for what is now an out dated thing. They spend a lot of money for the symbolism IMHO. And the people they give all that money to look down their noses at them. *shrugs"

I agree with Pry in that it is good to see happy times when there is so much misery. Without happy times and a promise of hope what do we have? It's too dreary to think on.

MCH
MCH

Postby tch on May 7th, 2011, 1:38 am

If they're happy, that's fine. I'm all for happy marriages.

But, until one of them pulls a sword from a stone, I don't have much interest in the Royal family.
tch

Postby Prydonian on May 7th, 2011, 10:37 pm

And that is your perogative, tch. I just liked the joyfulness associated with the occasion, regardless who may have footed the bill. I do not think it an outdated thing of the past. I see tradition in this instance as a good thing. Something fun that will always be with the happy couple all their lives when they look back. 8-)
Prydonian

Next

Return to Miscellaneous