The Masque of Mandragora

Talk about Doctor Who when Tom played the Doctor (1974 - 1981).

Moderator: Moderator

Re: The Masque of Mandragora

Postby metalheadjay on May 1st, 2011, 11:36 pm

Absolute classic. Love this one. It clearly exemplifies how much better the classic Baker years are as opposed to the modern series.

Jay
metalheadjay

Postby merlinsseer on May 5th, 2011, 1:05 pm

The yo-yo also appears in " The Brain of Morbius ". Tom shows off his yo-yo skills with some double loops in a scene where the Doctor is having a full fledged pout. I think it's in the commentaries of this DVD that Tom mentions that when they were working on the script for that story,he was asked if he knew how to do double loops with a yo-yo.
Tom being Tom and ever happy to show off his skills, whipped out a yo-yo to demonstrate his double looping talent and smacked himself between the eyes with it.
Not to be picky, but I think it's an orange he sticks on the end of the sword as he describes Sarah as , " A girl about 5' 4" and three quarters ,probably with orange juice on her chin."
Are you suggesting coconuts migrate?
merlinsseer

Postby MCH on May 5th, 2011, 6:49 pm

That's a fun story about Tom and the yo yo, Merlinseer. :D thank you for sharing that bit of news from a comentary that might not be seen by a lot of fans. I can just imagine Tom delightfully wanting to show those people that he could do a marvelous job of yo yo ing. Drat 'n' dagnab that pesky murphys law. Always shows up at the most inopportune time.

MCH
MCH

Previous

Return to Doctor Who - the Tom Baker years