Who is on your "Who I'd like to meet list"?

This is the place for anything which doesn't go anywhere else!

Moderator: Moderator

Re: Who is on your "Who I'd like to meet list"?

Postby MCH on January 12th, 2011, 3:29 pm

Thanks for your kind words Tracy.

Atlanta host the Dragon Con convention each year. It is a big Sci-fi, fantasy show. Years ago I'd go by myself and wander around. It wasn't as big then and was inside one building. I recall seeing some actor(ess) from Star Wars, Buck Rodgers, Babylon 5, and a plethora of others. I never got any autographs except from the artist, Larry Elmore. I had bought a drawing he did, a sketch really, of a black panther. And I bought a set of cards that has his paintings on them. He signed some of them for me. He had painted a lot of book covers for Forgotten Realms stories of which I was fond of reading at the time. EspecialLy those written by R. A. Salvatore. Never got up the nerve to talk to Salvatore but I saw him, lol.

I wouldn't doubt that there was someone there from Doctor Who. But I wasn't very familiar with it back then. I probably skimmed over a lot of cool people from shear ignorance. I did listen to a talk given by Kurt Vonnegut, jr. He was a good speaker.

Outside of Dragon Con I've met Dirty Jobs Mike Rowe. He's just like you see him on the show. Personable and funny. Barsky was in a dunk tank full of water, chocolate milk and peat moss. They were raising money for Habitat for Humanity.

I also met Okefenokee Joe from a PBS program about the Okefenokee swamp in southern Georgia. I have a couple of his music CDs where he sings great little songs about the swamp.

I did have one disastrous encounter with a man from Marvel Comics. I had just discovered the X-Men universe and was ignorant of many things. At a Dragon con I came across a man sitting and drawing one of the characters. I asked him if he had ever had his work published on the comics. He gave me such a look! Oy! How was I supposed to know that he was one of the creators of Marvel Comics! I slunk away feeling extremely stupid, lol. :oops:

MCH
MCH

Postby pattie anne on January 13th, 2011, 5:37 pm

just listened to an interview of TOM's someone put up on YouTube, and when HE was asked if there was anyone FAMOUS WHO was still alive, that HE hadn't met yet, that HE wanted to meet. well, TOM didn't have an answer. still, i was hoping HE would have said something along the lines of:

"All my adoring fans I haven't met."

oh, yeah. i 'fergit.' :? we aren't famous ... we're just fans. :lol:
"And as for Tom Baker, well, I'll always be the Doctor,
won't I?" TOM BAKER
pattie anne

Postby The_44th_Doctor on January 14th, 2011, 11:14 am

Tom Baker or any of the actors that played "The Doctor"
Louise Jameson, she is an absolute hottie! ;)
Elizabeth Sladen, very lovely! ;)
I would enjoy meeting anyone involved with Doctor WHO!
Would you care for a Jelly Baby?
The_44th_Doctor

Postby Prydonian on May 4th, 2011, 1:10 am

Jon Pertwee, Nicholas Courtney, Katy Manning, John Levene, and Elisabeth Sladen, along with Tom Baker but he might think me unusually weird.
Prydonian

Postby Clara Listensprechen on May 4th, 2011, 2:21 am

----
Last edited by Clara Listensprechen on May 30th, 2011, 12:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
Clara Listensprechen

Postby Clara Listensprechen on May 4th, 2011, 2:22 am

----
Last edited by Clara Listensprechen on May 30th, 2011, 12:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
Clara Listensprechen

Postby Prydonian on May 4th, 2011, 10:32 pm

Well, Pertwee and Courtney are also deceased. And no, I don't believe in seances. It's just a wish list of people I wish I could meet.
Prydonian

Postby Clara Listensprechen on May 4th, 2011, 11:56 pm

----
Clara Listensprechen

Postby Prydonian on May 5th, 2011, 2:15 am

There is something to be said about the excitement one gets meeting one's heroes. Some say you should never meet your heroes, but I disagree at least in the case of the Dr. Who cast. They have always seemed very approachable and friendly from everything I've heard.
Prydonian

Postby bcm77 on June 21st, 2011, 12:51 am

Tom Baker
Louise Jameson
Mary Tamm
Frazer Hines ( might be doing so this September as he's appearing at a convention near me )
Wendy Padbury
Sylvester McCoy
Sophie Aldred
"I'm not a human being........I'm a Time Lord. I walk in eternity"
bcm77

PreviousNext

Return to Miscellaneous