How would the Fourth Doctor react to the other Doctors?

Talk about Doctor Who when Tom played the Doctor (1974 - 1981).

Moderator: Moderator

Re: How would the Fourth Doctor react to the other Doctors?

Postby Prydonian on April 18th, 2011, 11:34 pm

Good question! I am unsure whether the effect works on Time Lords as compared to us mere mortals. Maybe someone else can answer that more profoundly. But I agree, the effect would be interesting if it still applied to the Doctor meeting himself in the same incarnation. We know it does not apparently do anything when he meets his other incarnated forms.
Prydonian

Postby MCH on April 19th, 2011, 3:38 am

But what about the fact that a time lord sees everything past, present and future? Would he be used to seeing himself? Like standing with opposite standing mirrors. The imagine is repeated into infinity.

However, that wouldn't exactly be the same as actually meeting yourself face to face and being able to communicate. The Doctor though, is not just an ordinary Time Lord.

I do like the scenes right after a regeneration when the Doctor checks himself to see what is different, lol.
I especially broke up when Matt Smith felt the length of his hair and thought that he had transformed into a girl. What a hoot that would be! :lol: just another use for the word DoctorDonna.

MCH
MCH

Postby metalheadjay on April 25th, 2011, 2:07 pm

I only cried during one regeneration scene. And that was in "Logopolis" when Tom parted.

Jay
metalheadjay

Postby MCH on April 25th, 2011, 6:40 pm

I feel that Tom's parting would have gotten along even better without that grotesque white looking dude in the scene. It really creeped me out. Reminded me of a nightmare I once had. If the dude didn't look so morbid to me it wouldn't bother me. Tom's ending was a little confusing when i first watched it. I wasn't sure why he let go and dropped. Not only that but I watched a lot of the Classic Who when I was in bed sick as a dog. So of course my opinions are a little askew. However, I watched that episode again and it made more sense in that he knew he was going to die so he just let it happen. At least I Think that is how it was supposed to be.

I was quite moved by Tennant's departure. But that was the first time I saw the Doctor regenerate. When I saw the one where Troughton left I got dizzy, lol. And after Doctor five turned into Doctor six I was appalled at the arrogance of the new Doc. But once the initial sock wore off he was ok, lol.

Then again, when Tennant left and Matt took over I wasn't sure how he'd do. I reckon that is pretty much how people feel when a doctor leaves. But Matt is carrying on the character in good form. I think so at least.

I'd like to see what kind of response Doctor four would have to Doctor eleven. :lol:

MCH
MCH

Postby Prydonian on April 25th, 2011, 9:02 pm

Probably take him under his wing and trai nhim on how to be a decent Bohemian Time Lord. :lol:
Prydonian

Postby tch on April 25th, 2011, 9:56 pm

Now I have this image of Matt smith wearing the scarf and Tom wearing the bow tie.

"Would you like a jelly baby?"
"Everyone likes jelly babies. Jelly babies are cool."
tch

Postby MCH on April 25th, 2011, 11:45 pm

Pry, TCH,

You are too funny! Tom Bakers decent bohemian Doctor with a bow tie ! :lol: Jelly babies ! I think that Tom's Doctors scarf would swallow up Matt Smith's Doctor. I know, they could jump rope together like Tom did in Robot.

MCH
MCH

Postby Prydonian on May 1st, 2011, 2:09 am

LOL that would make me alugh like nothing has all day! Silly old Doctor being silly. :lol:
Prydonian

Postby metalheadjay on May 1st, 2011, 11:45 pm

Tom would tell Matt that his bowtie is rubbish and that he could have been slightly more creative with his look. Then he would smile and offer a Jelly Baby. Cynical then sweet. That was the 4th Doc for ya.

Jay
metalheadjay

Postby Prydonian on May 2nd, 2011, 10:03 pm

I imagine the 4th incarnation of the Doctor to be like a mentor to all the 'young ones' harping about the place now days. hard to believe at one point in time, not that long ago, that he himself was the youngest Doctor.
Prydonian

PreviousNext

Return to Doctor Who - the Tom Baker years