tom

Talk about Tom.

Moderator: Moderator

Re: tom

Postby merlinsseer on November 7th, 2009, 6:54 am

Captain Rum wrote:Has anyone done that "If you could invite 5 people to a dinner party who would you choose?" topic? I remember doing it at some training course donkeys years ago but the scenario was everyone had to pick one person, give a brief presentation of why you picked that person and then the winner would be the one who got the most votes in a private ballot. Naturally I picked Tom and he ended up getting the most votes.....ahead of even Mother Teresa, Elvis and John Lennon :D

I wouldn't have elvis over for dinner and john lennon's voice drove me up the wall, great singer, horrid speaking voice.I would be forced to toss him on the porch at some point during the meal. I would have Mr. Baker over for dinner, but dinner here is a very casual affair and you may sit where you like or even stand up for that matter- so the term " dinner party " hardly comes into play. The cats have learned to stay off the table during meals, except one , " Captain Jack", a big yellow tabby, he is immune to water pistols. I read that yellow tabby's were a favorite of the vikings and often traveled aboard the ships with them, so that may account for his fearless demeanor in the face of the storm. We have had many a stand-off over my lunch, Jack and I. So as long as Mr. Baker is willing to take on Jack, he can drop by anytime :lol:
Are you suggesting coconuts migrate?
merlinsseer

Postby tracy on November 7th, 2009, 10:30 am

:D im not a fan of any one else ok i like some stars but not a fan of them so i cant think of any one else id want to invite for dinner except tom . tom ive been a loyol fan for many years and and my family cant miss inviteing them round can we and close friends
tracy with out the E
tracy

Postby pattie anne on November 13th, 2009, 8:31 pm

For my five I'd invite: all three of TOM's wives ... TOM ... and either TOM's mom or Mother Teresa. One thing for certain, it would turn out to be an interesting, and most enlightened meal.
Last edited by pattie anne on December 6th, 2009, 2:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"And as for Tom Baker, well, I'll always be the Doctor,
won't I?" TOM BAKER
pattie anne

Postby tracy on November 13th, 2009, 8:39 pm

i must be off my head .you dont have to agree with me there lol .why did i start this topic when there is one already up to talk about tom oh dear oh well now we have 2 .sorry about that
tracy with out the E
tracy

Postby pattie anne on November 13th, 2009, 8:54 pm

OK, won't agree with you. :lol: Well, my sunday school director is always saying: "if the Bible mentions something once, it is important; but if it mentions it twice it is very important." And what on earth is 'moore' important here than TOM :?:
Last edited by pattie anne on December 6th, 2009, 2:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
won't I?" TOM BAKER
pattie anne

Postby tracy on November 13th, 2009, 9:35 pm

thats true youve heard of the song new york the named it twice .well thats whats happened here . he he.dont worry the men in white coats are coming for me soon lol im laughting my head off here
tracy with out the E
tracy

Postby pattie anne on November 13th, 2009, 9:42 pm

As long as they are TOM BAKER fans too, shouldn't worry. ;)
won't I?" TOM BAKER
pattie anne

Postby tracy on December 10th, 2009, 7:53 pm

:D hy looking forward to hearing tom on radio 4 this saturday morning thanks for the infomation
tracy with out the E
tracy

Previous

Return to The man himself