What would you do if...

This is the place for anything which doesn't go anywhere else!

Moderator: Moderator

What would you do if...

Postby MCH on April 28th, 2011, 3:27 am

A man asked you to travel time and space with him?

Would you think he was a mental case and run away screaming?
Would you go with him?
Would you risk life and limb in one of his "adventures"?

What would you do?

MCH
MCH

Re: What would you do if...

Postby Clara Listensprechen on April 28th, 2011, 4:38 am

You mean if he asked me now? Or this year? I'd tell him I'm already too old for that stuff but he should come back about 30 years earlier. :lol:
Clara Listensprechen

Postby MCH on April 28th, 2011, 4:48 am

Good one Clara!

Come back when I'm young enough to enjoy it, lol. No bad knees or creaky joints, lol.

I think that I would be very skeptical. I'd want to see his time machine but not allow myself to be trapped inside unless I felt it was safe. Then maybe one trip around the block. I would not want to be in any life or death situations. I'd just like to travel around and see cool stuff. If he wants to get into things he can carry a spare companion that doesn't mind doing that stuff. I'll stay in the time machine and hold down the fort. That means I'll keep the doors closed until he returns. And I would try and learn enough of the controls to get myself home in a pinch.

I wouldn't be a very good companion would I ? ;)

MCH
Last edited by MCH on May 1st, 2011, 3:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
MCH

Postby Clara Listensprechen on April 28th, 2011, 4:58 am

I guess not, ha. Perhaps after the grand tour of the universe you'd strongly suggest that he just get a dog. Rather, another dog. :twisted:
Clara Listensprechen

Postby Graceful Leonard on April 28th, 2011, 5:28 pm

I'd tell Stephen Hawking to try his corny pick up lines on someone else.
"A man's work is nothing but this slow trek to rediscover, through the detours of art, those two or three great and simple images in whose presence his heart first opened."
Graceful Leonard

Postby MCH on April 28th, 2011, 9:07 pm

Leo,
Why does that remind me of Zaphod Beeblebrox from Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy? "You wanna see my ship?" :lol:

Clara,
Yes, I probably would tell him to get a dog, lol. Maybe a talking dog with a collar like "Doug" in the animated movie UP. "My name is Doug. I just met you Doctor and I love you!" *snort!*

MCH
Last edited by MCH on May 1st, 2011, 3:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
MCH

Postby Prydonian on May 1st, 2011, 2:12 am

I think or would like to think that I would go with him, just to get away from the real world for a little while.....especially if it was Tom Baker doing the asking.... :D
Prydonian

Postby MCH on May 1st, 2011, 3:57 am

Of course I'd be intensely curious about the ship and it's contents. I'd nose all around spending hours looking at all the stuff. Maybe were some of the costumes. Swim in the pool. Thumb through books in the library. Maybe find a bowling alley or exercise room. Get lost and he'd have to save me, lol.

We could eat out any where, never have to stay in a hotel or get caught out in traffic. I think however there would need to be some sort of personal carrier device for when we got out of the ship in who knows what kind of environment. Maybe something like those spidery legged robot thing that you could sit in. It would take you over most terrains. Although, it would be very conspicuous. Not real good for blending in, lol.

MCH
MCH

Postby Prydonian on May 1st, 2011, 9:52 pm

The Doctor in his various incarnations has seldom blended in with his environment. :lol:
Prydonian

Postby tch on May 2nd, 2011, 11:07 am

In a perfect world, it'd be the chance to just get away from everything and see a different world, and we've all had days where we'd jump at that opportunity.
and then come back five minutes after you left.
Heck, as long as it wasn't one of the cute Doctors, I'd want to take my wife along.

In the world as it is, you'd most likely think 'Strange guy in a scarf offering me candy and a ride? Where's the nearest cop?'
tch

Next

Return to Miscellaneous