On Your Mark, Get Set, Go! RE the April Q & A

Here you are invited to discuss Tom's answers to questions in the Question Room and talk about his newsletters.

Moderator: Moderator

Re: On Your Mark, Get Set, Go! RE the April Q & A

Postby MCH on April 25th, 2011, 7:20 pm

I love Tom's answers.

MCH
MCH

Postby MCH on May 1st, 2011, 4:11 am

I think the new rules and guidelines section in Tom's question room is informative and makes it easier to know what's what.

Yet again our Lady FM has done a brilliant job ! I think she deserves a roaring round of applause! :D

MCH
MCH

Postby tracy on May 2nd, 2011, 3:23 pm

:D tom has asnswered the rest of the april question thank you tom for doing so .tom mentioned a shale that he couldnt get over im guessing that must be the sand dunes as ive not heard of that name shale untill tom spoke of it in his reply to me .the sand dunes are hard to get over .
tracy with out the E
tracy

Postby MCH on May 2nd, 2011, 8:33 pm

Tracy,
Shale is a collective name for rocks that have flaky layers but are not necessarily flaky rocks. :? 8-) Simply put mind you, I'm not teaching geology 101 here, lol.
Anyway, shale can be slippery and can break off under foot which makes it hard to traverse. Of course rambling over any type of rock can be treacherous. The last time I tried to climb up a hill full of granite rocks I fell and got all bumped up. Broke my camera as well. Not to mention my sore bum after I kicked it for a while for being so stupid. But the kid in me wanted to climb that hill, lol.

I can just imagine Poppy running along the beach getting foam stuck to her nosey nose. Getting good sniffs from the flotsam and maybe finding a live critter to investigate. Not to mention the pounds of sand buried in her fur after her dips in the surf.

It sounds like Tom had a good time last Friday. Good for him! I bet he, never in a million years, would have thought he'd be doing these audio adventures. What a cool thing for him to be involved in. WooHoo!

MCH
MCH

Postby MCH on May 3rd, 2011, 2:33 am

I agree with Tom that our young are molded by all types of people with all types of personal history. If we could all maintain the innocence of childhood we would be in a different mindset as adults. Unfortunately life pounds and hammers us an we lose much of that quality. And not all of that pounding comes from a human source. Take natural disasters for one. Or illnesses, or injuries from accidents. They all can have a great impact on our lives as well as man made ones.

As far as what parents do in regards to their young. Well, kids don't come with an owners manual. For that matter neither does life. We do the best we can with what we have. Does that excuse abuse? Absolutely not! We have the knowledge of past parents experiences to go by. As well as A collective knowledge. Are bad parenting skills passed on? Absolutely! An unfortunate consequence of events that most probably stems from a traumatic life event or events on the part of the parent. Of course it could still be from ignorance and even sheer stupidity. Or meanness. Misery can pass on misery.

Fortunately, things like happiness, love and a sense of self worth can be passed on as well. Although it is also possible for victims of a bad parent to find these things later on as an adult. It's a long and difficult process but it is achievable.

MCH
Last edited by MCH on May 3rd, 2011, 2:02 pm, edited 3 times in total.
MCH

Postby tracy on May 3rd, 2011, 9:38 am

oh i know the rock you mean but i didnt know thats what it was called thanks for telling me the name mch there shouldnt be any of that stuff on the beach as like you say it could hurtsome one or like tom says he finds it hard to walk on so its a shame it cant be removed so people can walk safely .glad you didnt hurt your self to bad when you fell .dogs love to dip there feet in the sea its nice to see them run in and out of it
tracy with out the E
tracy

Postby MCH on May 3rd, 2011, 2:26 pm

Tracy,
You're welcome. :D It was my pleasure to be able to help. Such as it was, lol.

The world is full of things that can hurt us. We do try and keep some dangers at a minimum but nothing short of isolating ourselves in a padded room will keep us from all harm.

Little walkways could be built over rough terrain but that could ruin a sense of wildness to the area. Removing hazardous material such as rock can be costly and ruin the natural landscape. Unfortunately not every place is accessible. And some places are too accessible.

For example, in the new episodes of Doctor Who you see a view from the Valley of the Gods. I have been there. Directly above the valley are the sheer cliffs of a mesa. On top of the mesa looking down at the valley there is total access to the edge. No barriers of any kind. You can walk right up to the edge. You can also fall over the edge very easily. That is an example of things having too much access, lol. I can't believe some of the high, dangerous places I've walked out to considering I'm afraid of heights. :? But I can't help myself. I want to see what's there! 8-) *sigh* unfortunately there many places I can't go because of physical limitations. Dagnabitall !

MCH
MCH

Previous

Return to About Tom’s Newsletters and Answers to Questions