Maximum number of Questions to be reduced

Please read these if you're new to the forum and reread them from time to time to refresh your memory

Maximum number of Questions to be reduced

Postby Forum Moderator on April 21st, 2011, 11:21 am

After careful consideration of Tom’s diary over the next few months, we have decided to reduce the maximum number of questions Tom will answer each month. He is getting very busy with Big Finish and other projects, and would like us to lighten his load.

We are going to reduce the maximum number of questions to 15 per month for a while, so I am giving you some notice before the May board goes up.

Tom would like to make another couple of points, too. When you plan to ask a question, it would help if you look through past questions, as you may find your question has already been answered. We don’t want to have to select questions – we’d like to keep it on a first asked, first answered basis – but the more interesting the questions, the more Tom enjoys answering them. However, please remember to keep them brief and not include information which has nothing to do with the question.

Tom also says please make sure you cannot find the answer to your question either here on Tom’s website (in the biog sections for instance, or the archive of Doctor Who Magazines, particularly) or by googling your question on the internet. In the future, any purely factual questions, such as whether Tom has any plans to go to American conventions, or questions about Tom’s hair or Doctor Who scarf, will be answered briefly by me.

We hope you continue to enjoy the Questions section.

Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Re: Maximum number of Questions to be reduced

Postby tracy on April 21st, 2011, 3:48 pm

:D thank you for keeping us informed of whats happening i will step back from asking any questions to give the newer members a chance its only fair .thanks again take care
tracy with out the E
tracy

Postby Prydonian on May 10th, 2011, 9:40 pm

I thought of refraining from asking Tom a question this month, but my question was answered before I could remove it. So it is now an official part of the Fifteen.
Prydonian

Postby miguel of the moon on May 11th, 2011, 5:24 am

That would mean that Mr. Baker is done answering questions for the month of May, and it' is only May 10th and/or 11th!!!

I am very disappointed to learn of this latest "policy change" or what, but if that is what Mr. Baker wants then that is the way it should be/is :roll:
As for me, I shall live like a Narnian even if there isn't any Narnia.
-Puddleglum
miguel of the moon

Postby Clara Listensprechen on May 11th, 2011, 4:50 pm

----
Last edited by Clara Listensprechen on May 30th, 2011, 12:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
Clara Listensprechen

Postby tracy on May 11th, 2011, 5:26 pm

tom needs our support he is very busy wiv the big finish audios and its only fair that tom has that support
tracy with out the E
tracy

Postby Clara Listensprechen on May 11th, 2011, 5:53 pm

----
Last edited by Clara Listensprechen on May 30th, 2011, 12:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
Clara Listensprechen

Postby Prydonian on May 11th, 2011, 10:54 pm

So does this mean the Question Room will be locked until June 1? :?
Prydonian

Postby Moderator on May 12th, 2011, 11:22 pm

Dear Prydonian -

Yes.

However yours truly will not ask Tom any more questions, due to the cut. Actually the one for this month came from another poster, and I was just helping them out. Still, other "old ones" are also considering opting out to give the newbies a fighting chance.

Dear Clara L. -

I know all of the questions that have been asked already, and if you would send me your query I can tell you if it is go or not. Although reading Tom's replies, even though a rather time consuming activity, it is always a delight. So just let me know your preference.

Best,
Dirk :ugeek:

Postby Clara Listensprechen on May 13th, 2011, 3:23 am

----
Clara Listensprechen

Next

Return to Forum guidelines, rules and announcements