Big Finish Wish List

Talk about Doctor Who when Tom played the Doctor (1974 - 1981).

Moderator: Moderator

Re: Big Finish Wish List

Postby jbateman on April 18th, 2011, 1:17 pm

For those of you who haven't yet tapped into Big Finish and feel daunted by the back catalogue, may I suggest some for starters?

Spare Parts - 5th, Nyssa, Cybermen
Creatures of Beauty - 5th, Nyssa
Loups-Garoux - 5th, Turlough
Phantasmagoria - 5th, Turlough

Jubilee - 6th, Daleks
The Holy Terror - 6th
Project: Twilight - 6th
Bloodtide - 6th, Silurians

The Genocide Machine - 7th, Ace, Daleks
Live 34 - 7th, Ace
The Harvest - 7th, Ace
The Fearmonger - 7th, Ace
The Magic Mousetrap - 7th, Ace

The Chimes of Midnight - 8th, Charley
Seasons of Fear - 8th, Charley
Neverland - 8th, Charley with Romana

What do we know so far about the 4th Doctor adventures? Six releases from Jan 2012 with Leela, seven later on with Romana, plus 2 'missing' stories made from unmade tv scripts (again with Leela). The Daleks are due to return. Now, 6+7+2=15 and Tom has stated he's doing 18. My guess is Elisabeth Sladen with be back at some point...
jbateman

Postby MCH on April 18th, 2011, 6:11 pm

Thank you very much JB. :D

MCH
MCH

Postby Clara Listensprechen on April 18th, 2011, 8:20 pm

----
Last edited by Clara Listensprechen on May 30th, 2011, 12:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
Clara Listensprechen

Postby Prydonian on April 18th, 2011, 11:25 pm

This has been debated across the internet message boards for quite some time, but it is a subject that does need eventual addressing. While the limit no doubt still be in effect with these 4th Dr audios, anything set in the time frame of the new series might be a different story. The limit is referenced a few times in the 1980s episodes as well as the TV Movie in 1996. But by the time of the Time War, things might have changed for the sake of having an endless army to combat the Dalek menace. in the Sarah Jane Adventures, the 11th Dr makes a comment about being able to change his appearance 507 times, but it was said afterword by writer Russell T Davies that he was only joking, and the number is not to be taken seriously.
Prydonian

Postby Clara Listensprechen on April 18th, 2011, 11:39 pm

----
Last edited by Clara Listensprechen on May 30th, 2011, 12:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
Clara Listensprechen

Postby Prydonian on April 18th, 2011, 11:42 pm

Your most welcome, for the record I am american, but I love the series as much as any brit. I have been a fan since 1982 when I saw my first (Tom Baker) episode. I truly hope the new (audio) series is everything we the fans are hoping for.
Prydonian

Postby bcm77 on April 27th, 2011, 7:31 pm

One of the 6 stories Tom & Louise are doing is called "The Foe From the Future" and was originally intended for the show in 1977 but writer Robert Banks Stewart never completed it as he left the BBC for another job. The story that replaced it in the schedule was "The Talons of Weng-Chiang".

Another writer has ( with permission ) finished it off and it starts with the Docotr & Leela arriving on Earth circa 1977 and discovering reports of ghostly figures........

Not sure whether it was that story but the recording of one story started last week....there's a picture of Tom & Louise on BF's website.
"I'm not a human being........I'm a Time Lord. I walk in eternity"
bcm77

Postby MCH on April 27th, 2011, 8:42 pm

Bcm,
Hopefully those ghostly figures don't turn out to be Cybermen. That's already been done. But the beeb knows that.

MCH
MCH

Postby bcm77 on April 28th, 2011, 12:30 am

MCH wrote:Bcm,
Hopefully those ghostly figures don't turn out to be Cybermen. That's already been done. But the beeb knows that.

MCH

We shall see, I'm just happy that there's going to be some new material with my favorite Doctor & companion.
"I'm not a human being........I'm a Time Lord. I walk in eternity"
bcm77

Postby jbateman on April 29th, 2011, 9:02 pm

Big Finish has released its latest podcast which gives us a sneak preview of a scene between the Doctor and Leela, confirming the return of the Daleks. Considering the passing years - and how Tom is unlikely to have reviewed his earlier performances, I am so pleased to note that Tom sounds just as he did back in 1977. Perhaps I expected Tom to want to do a different take on the character... With a big smile: The Doctor is back!
jbateman

PreviousNext

Return to Doctor Who - the Tom Baker years