Big Finish Wish List

Talk about Doctor Who when Tom played the Doctor (1974 - 1981).

Moderator: Moderator

Re: Big Finish Wish List

Postby tracy on April 15th, 2011, 5:49 pm

:D the 4th dr could have a chimp with him .if tarzan can have a chimp why not the 4th dr :D
tracy with out the E
tracy

Postby tch on April 15th, 2011, 6:29 pm

Somehow, when I was thinking of new companions for the 4th Doctor, the idea of pets never came to mind.
Or I just figured, he's got the coolest dog ever, why would he think of getting another pet?

Can't believe I forgot about the Zygons. It would be great if BF brought them back.
tch

Postby Prydonian on April 15th, 2011, 7:49 pm

I believe they already were brought back, only in a Paul McGann audio. Still it would be great to have Tom go at them a second time around. :lol:
Prydonian

Postby tch on April 15th, 2011, 8:36 pm

The Zygons came back? I knew they did in a couple of the novels ( One McGann and one Tennant) but not in the BF universe.
I am so behind on my BF.
Think I'm going to have to win the lottery or rob a bank if I every hope to afford to catch up.
tch

Postby jbateman on April 17th, 2011, 4:58 pm

I'm not eager for the 4th Doctor to have a new companion. The only reason Hex, Erimem and the like turned up was to give a fresh take on a familiar dynamic. No, I think it will be a while before we bored enough of Leela and Romana to want someone else to crash the party. Big Finish have confirmed (in their subscriber's magazine, Vortex) that the Daleks will return to battle the 4th Doctor. Moreover, a comment made by Louise Jameson inferred that there had been plans for the Brigadier to meet up with the Doctor and Leela.
jbateman

Postby MCH on April 17th, 2011, 8:58 pm

Aw, jb that's sad about the brig. :cry:

Someone enlighten me Further please about these Big Finish stories. Are they all brand new stories? Which Doctors do they cover or are they all going to be the fourth Doctor? Do they start or finish with any pre-existing stories?

MCH
MCH

Postby tch on April 17th, 2011, 9:41 pm

Big Finish does all new stories, featuring Doctors #4-8 and various companions and spinoffs. They have used a lot of old monsters and done some sequels/prequels to classic stories.

They are very good, having given Doctors 6-8 the chance to shine that they never really got on the TV show.

Looking forward to Tom's stories when they come out next year.
tch

Postby Prydonian on April 17th, 2011, 10:54 pm

tch wrote:The Zygons came back? I knew they did in a couple of the novels ( One McGann and one Tennant) but not in the BF universe.

Yes, they did appear with the McGann Doctor for a BF adventure, called The Zygons Who Fell to Earth. Lucie Miller was the companion. It was done as one 60 minute 'episode' and takes place after the BBC Novel The Bodysnatchers, also featuring the McGann (8th) Doctor.

Hope this helps. I have heard several BF audios, notably McGann ones, and they are well done stories for the fans who don't mind only having something to listen to, not watch.

Prydonian 8-)
Prydonian

Postby bcm77 on April 17th, 2011, 11:34 pm

Louise Jameson is already confirmed to be playing Leela so that's one major wish of mine coming true already.
"I'm not a human being........I'm a Time Lord. I walk in eternity"
bcm77

Postby Prydonian on April 17th, 2011, 11:35 pm

Leela is a favorite of mine as well. :D
Prydonian

PreviousNext

Return to Doctor Who - the Tom Baker years