On Your Mark, Get Set, Go! RE the April Q & A

Here you are invited to discuss Tom's answers to questions in the Question Room and talk about his newsletters.

Moderator: Moderator

Re: On Your Mark, Get Set, Go! RE the April Q & A

Postby Graceful Leonard on April 16th, 2011, 4:35 pm

Clara Listensprechen wrote:But then must ask why I do not have an equal license.

Other than Tom and Mr Moderator, we're all of equal standing as far as I know. And I am certainly interested in reading your views, Clara, and everyone else's.

The internet is a really clunky means of communication, and trying to pick up on the right tone is difficult. I'm forever offending people when I don't mean to and, worse still, not offending them when I mean to.

From now on, I am going to use this sequence after any post that I want to be offensive: :mrgreen: :!: :evil: :mrgreen: :arrow:
"A man's work is nothing but this slow trek to rediscover, through the detours of art, those two or three great and simple images in whose presence his heart first opened."
Graceful Leonard

Postby tracy on April 16th, 2011, 6:15 pm

i do aplogise clara i hope i didnt upset you i wouldnt want to do that its not in my nature to go round uosetting any one so sorry
tracy with out the E
tracy

Postby MCH on April 16th, 2011, 6:40 pm

There is no seniority here that I've noticed either Leo. Although I bow to the peeps that have been with Tom for many years. Kudos to you guys! :D

Btw, Clara I'm a relatively new newbie here myself.

Leo, I've always wondered what that green smile emoticon was for? And you forgot to mention someone. Some, call her "she who must be obeyed." But we know her as our fabulous "Forum Moderator!" (This done in my Top Gear voice.) lol.

MCH
Last edited by MCH on April 17th, 2011, 1:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MCH

Postby MCH on April 17th, 2011, 4:11 am

Hold on!
I just read a question by manda meena. Was Tom wearing a wig as the Doctor??? I'm confused as usual, lol. It looked like his own hair but what do I know, eh? Hmmm.

MCH
MCH

Postby tracy on April 17th, 2011, 9:40 am

its his own hair has tom has been in other tv parts with his hair all those years ago
tracy with out the E
tracy

Postby MCH on April 17th, 2011, 1:01 pm

Phew! Ok. Thanks Tracy.
Although, hasn't this topic come up before? Oy, my memory. :?

Prydonian,

I didn't ask Tom the question that I was going to for April. :( The one about, whatever happened to his Honda mower? Well maybe next time, eh. Unless someone in here knows the answer already. I'm talking about the Honda lawn mower that was talked about in his book, " Who on Earth is Tom Baker?" I don't know why I asked the question I did. It just popped into my head. :?

MCH
MCH

Postby pattie anne on April 18th, 2011, 6:39 pm

dear MCH -

the mower was safe. i have a newspaper clip of the incident, if you wish a copy just PM me.

love,
pattie anne :geek:
"And as for Tom Baker, well, I'll always be the Doctor,
won't I?" TOM BAKER
pattie anne

Postby MCH on April 18th, 2011, 9:50 pm

Hiya Pattie,

Thanks for the info. There was a newspaper article? How cool is that? Although, I was wondering where it is now. Maybe it's in a pet cemetery. You know, here lies Honda, faithful to the last blade of grass. ;)

MCH
MCH

Postby MCH on April 19th, 2011, 9:47 pm

Oh no!!! :o

I just read Dalek13's Q&A about the passing of Elisabeth Sladen. How very very sad. She was the greatest Doctor companion ever! I really enjoyed her come back in the Sarah Jane Adventure's and with David Tennant's Doctor. Of course she was also very marvelous in the classics withe Pertwee and our Mr. Tom.

Poor Tom, he's lost another Who buddy. (((hugs))) :|

Very sad indeed. :cry:

MCH
MCH

Postby MCH on April 21st, 2011, 2:30 am

I hope that Rick Burnett and his Doctor, Tom, Who loving fans will come and visit with us all at Tom's table. And all the other new people to visit this website. Pull up a chair everyone, make yourself comfortable and join in the discussions !

I live in the Atlanta area Rick, but I haven't made it to Dragon con for a few years.

Regards,
MCH
MCH

PreviousNext

Return to About Tom’s Newsletters and Answers to Questions