Big Finish Wish List

Talk about Doctor Who when Tom played the Doctor (1974 - 1981).

Moderator: Moderator

Big Finish Wish List

Postby tch on April 7th, 2011, 1:29 am

So, now that Tom has joined BF what are people hoping will happen? What foes/stories/ companions are you hopping to see ( sorry...hear)?

My list:
K-9!
Sontarions
a historical story
Sarah Jane
an Agatha Christie style mystery
Ice Warriors
Finally getting to the opening of the Brighton Beach Pavilion
stories set in E-space

I know I'm probably alone on this last one, but I'd like to see a story featuring Tom's Doctor and Adric.
tch

Re: Big Finish Wish List

Postby Clara Listensprechen on April 7th, 2011, 2:24 am

----
Last edited by Clara Listensprechen on May 30th, 2011, 12:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
Clara Listensprechen

Postby Toothy Grin on April 7th, 2011, 3:02 pm

In an ideal world it would be great to hear one story featuring every different compaion Tom had, but somehow I can't see him doing one with Lalla Ward! So, realistically I'm hoping to get ones that feature:
Sarah, Leela, K9, Romana 1, Adric, Daleks, Cybermen, The Master, a story set entirely within the TARDIS, alien planets, outer space, earth past, present and future. Scary stories, humourous stories, thought-provoking stories and traditional style stories. I'm also hoping that the styles of story will reflect the different periods of Tom's era, so one's with Leela should be a bit scarier and more violent and ones with Romana 1 to be more witty and sophisticated, and I hope Tom can vary his performance so the ones set with Leela reflect his performance at that time (ie more brooding and detached) and with Romana he is more light hearted and silly.
Too much to ask, do you think?
(Oh, and I'd also like to see Sontarans, Zygons, Krynoids, the Wirrn......) :D
Toothy Grin

Postby Graceful Leonard on April 7th, 2011, 6:41 pm

Yes, Zygons would be good.

Maybe a multiple doctor story as well, with Colin Baker or the new one.
"A man's work is nothing but this slow trek to rediscover, through the detours of art, those two or three great and simple images in whose presence his heart first opened."
Graceful Leonard

Postby tracy on April 7th, 2011, 7:50 pm

some think completley diffrent altogether tom could have a parrot as a companion :D
tracy with out the E
tracy

Postby Clara Listensprechen on April 8th, 2011, 12:12 am

----
Last edited by Clara Listensprechen on May 30th, 2011, 12:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
Clara Listensprechen

Postby tch on April 8th, 2011, 3:24 am

I can't imagine that BF having finally gotten all five surviving classic Doctors will be able to resist the idea of a Doctor team up.

Though, going to be tricky to find a menace big enough that it needs five of them...maybe something involving the Sontarion/Rutan war or maybe the Celestial Toymaker..?
tch

Postby jbateman on April 8th, 2011, 10:04 am

Zygons
Jago and Litefoot
Lalla Ward
Daleks
Cybermen
jbateman

Postby MCH on April 8th, 2011, 8:03 pm

I would like to hear more on the Gallifreyans. What were they like before they could do the time travel bit? What did the people do that didn't live in the citadel? What was their planet like? Were there different "countries and cultures" ? What kind of plant and animal life was there? Were there oceans, lakes, rivers, mountains, snow, desserts, rain forests etc. ? Why was the sky red?

I agree as well that the emenseness of the TARDIS could have been shown better. It was fun to watch the Doctor get lost in his own home, lol. Why did they call the swimming pool the bath? :?

MCH
MCH

Postby jbateman on April 8th, 2011, 9:21 pm

I forgot to include Geoffrey Beevers' Master in my wishlist!
jbateman

Next

Return to Doctor Who - the Tom Baker years