Who on Earth is Tom Baker?

"Who On Earth is Tom Baker?" & "The Boy Who Kicked Pigs"

Moderator: Moderator

Re: Who on Earth is Tom Baker?

Postby tracy on March 30th, 2011, 10:15 am

your not alone pry ive seen it to i always like to read what fans put in the guest book .and yes ive got the audio of tom reading his auto bio very interesting to i love it :D
tracy with out the E
tracy

Postby Prydonian on April 5th, 2011, 11:09 pm

I love the guestbook, and reading it is always such a privilege! I was suprised to see that one entry though! Wonder if it is true or just someone having fun?
So....tracy...have you read the bio lately? I have so many books to read on my waiting list that it's not even funny.
Prydonian

Postby tracy on April 6th, 2011, 10:02 am

:D the only books i have are toms what he has done .im not one for sitting down and reading a book but i will read toms
tracy with out the E
tracy

Postby Prydonian on April 6th, 2011, 8:52 pm

It takes a LOT of comittment, that is for sure. I am ten chapters into Pat Garrett's The Authentic Life of Billy the Kid. Then my father got me even more books from a sale so I have loads to read! :D
Prydonian

Postby MCH on April 7th, 2011, 1:58 am

Tom's website is even better than his published autobiography. It's packed full of history and photos, and is real time as well. AND, he answers questions each month. How cool is that? Who da man? Tom's da man dat's who! :lol:

MCH
MCH

Postby Prydonian on April 13th, 2011, 10:50 pm

Hah hah iI remmeber when Matt Smith's Doctor said that very same thing, and everyone just looked at him. Funny moment. So for those currently reading the bio, how far is everybody hmmm?
Prydonian

Postby MCH on April 14th, 2011, 12:55 am

I finished it Pry. I do wonder what happened to that lawn mower? :lol:

As for Matt's doctor saying "who's da man". I remember it very well. I thought it was funny when he said he'd never say that again because they all just stared at him. A real cricket chirper, lol.

MCH
MCH

Postby tracy on April 14th, 2011, 9:17 am

tom proberly still has the lawn mower thats a question you could ask him if he still has it :D
tracy with out the E
tracy

Postby metalheadjay on April 25th, 2011, 12:29 pm

I get sorta annoyed by the Doctors dialogue on the modern series. I always think to myself...The Doctor would NEVER say something like that and then I know why. It's because Tom's Doctor is so ingrained into me that such dialogue sounds absurd and out of place.

Jay
metalheadjay

Postby MCH on April 25th, 2011, 1:23 pm

Tracy,

maybe a future question but I'll do some research first to see if the question of where the lawn mower is has already been answered. Unless by some miracle lady FM sees this and tells us what happened to it, lol. ;) it's such a trivial thing really but has piqued my curiosity for some reason.

Metal head jay,

I found your comment most intriguing. It makes me wonder yet again why there is so much debate over the Classics vs. the new Who. I don't understand why there is such rivalry? Perhaps I don't get it because I saw the New Who first and then went back to see the Classic Who. Also, I didn't grow up with the Classic show so I don't really have that strong sense of nostalgia. I see both the Classic and New Who as one continuos show. I have my likes and dislikes sure but I don't feel compelled to rail against the Classic or the New. Not that the debates or rivalry is wrong, I just don't understand it. Oh well, I guess it is like sports or anything else where people take sides. It just is.

As for the Doctors, there are 11 of them now each with their own looks and personality. That is part of the brilliance of the show. He changes but is still the same man. How fun is that? :) and the Doctor as a tv persona can change with the current times. Well, he and the entire show does. That also is a part of the shows brilliance. It is fluid and changing.

I don't think that by saying I like the new shows and doctors means that I don't like or feel that the old shows and doctors are inferior. Just because I really enjoy watching David and Matt as the Doctor doesn't mean that Tom has taken a back seat in my mind. Tom was a brilliant Doctor ! I love watching the shows he was in. But I can't bash the other shows. What hurts one Doctor hurts them all. Does that make any sense? :? Lol

Well enough of my rambling nonsense. I apologize to the mods for getting off topic in this thread.

MCH
MCH

PreviousNext

Return to Talk about Tom’s books