Toes On The Line - Ready, Steady, Go!

Here you are invited to discuss Tom's answers to questions in the Question Room and talk about his newsletters.

Moderator: Moderator

Re: Toes On The Line - Ready, Steady Go!

Postby Who dat? on March 28th, 2011, 6:06 am

Are we certain that Mr Tom was speaking about The Brig at all? I don't think we can be entirely sure.
I know he's given me answers to some of my questions that answered the question without having anything to do with what I was asking. :?
Doctor: "I'm Lord President, and I'm called sir."
Who dat?

Postby Graceful Leonard on March 28th, 2011, 11:48 am

MCH wrote:Everyone's entitled to their opinion.

Most certainly!
"A man's work is nothing but this slow trek to rediscover, through the detours of art, those two or three great and simple images in whose presence his heart first opened."
Graceful Leonard

Postby pattie anne on March 28th, 2011, 5:13 pm

dear dirk the MOD -

was just at the Question Room submitting my march question (as i, like you, wait till the end of the month to give our newbies first chance as the posings) and almost fell out of my computer chair when i read yours. well bowled olde thing. too funny. :lol: but like Our Mister TOM, someTIMEs i never know if YOU are being serious or not. anyWHO, like everyone else here, do wait to see how The Man answers you.

love,
pattie anne :geek:

ps: IMHO i think HE was speaking of the Brig too. we often ensconce deep emotion in humor. and my thoughts and prayers are with HIM everyday, as HE moves towards healing and coping with HIS loss.

p. a.

2ps: dear MSG ah, MCH, isn't that 'moore' correctly stated as: "Everyone is entitled to MY opinion!" ??? ;)

p.
"And as for Tom Baker, well, I'll always be the Doctor,
won't I?" TOM BAKER
pattie anne

Postby MCH on March 28th, 2011, 7:20 pm

Dear Patty,

No, it's more like, "everyone should agree with my opinion" ! ;)

I've been in here long enough now to expect the unexpected and sometimes the shock of what Mr. Tom says, lol. However, his corpse statement really knocked me off guard. If I had been sitting or standing when I read it I surely would have fallen over! I'm lucky that I wasn't eating or drinking at the time. Oh yeah, he went there all right! Tom, Tom, Tom. "shakes head in disbelief." Next time I read one of his answers I'm going to have to lie flat on the floor and make sure there are no sharp objects around me. :lol:

A agree, Dirk is a hoot ! I'd almost pay money to hear him talk for an hour or three, lol.

Are one of you guys gonna ask if Tom 'n' Sue have any special plans for their anniversary this Friday? I think some wine and cheese would be Gouda, lol.

Respectfully,
MCH
MCH

Postby tracy on March 28th, 2011, 8:19 pm

:D cant wait to see toms answer to dirks question would be nice thou to have tom put some songs together .ive got tom singing you really got me as my ringtone on my mobile from when he did it for bt for chararty
tracy with out the E
tracy

Postby MCH on March 29th, 2011, 3:08 pm

Oh Man what a Hoot!

I just watched a video that had Tom signing supercalifragilisticexpealidocious. Mr.Tom Baker sir, please sir, you've got to do a music cd or DVD. :lol: What an absolute gem it would be!

MCH
MCH

Postby pattie anne on March 29th, 2011, 4:48 pm

dear MCH -

i haven't seen that! though it does confirm something i've thought about Our Mister TOM for someTIME. (that HE can sign.) i learned a few words and phrases when i was a CNA at a nursing home so i could communicate with our deaf residents. but the reason i thought HE could sign, was from a series of photographs from HIS "Randall and Hopkirk (Deceased)" series photo ops. in them both HE and co-star Vic Reeves are signing.

best,
pattie anne :geek:
"And as for Tom Baker, well, I'll always be the Doctor,
won't I?" TOM BAKER
pattie anne

Postby MCH on March 29th, 2011, 5:15 pm

Oops! So sorry. It was a typo ! I met singing not signing. Mr. Tom sang the song but the image was just one picture. Still I got such a kick outta hearin' him sing. OY, sorry Pattie. But that is cool about your being able to sign. :D I did some illustrations a long time ago for a book about signing for lefties. My name is actually in the book as the illustrator. That blew me away. Yes, I Am famous! 8-) :lol:

MCH
MCH

Postby tracy on March 29th, 2011, 7:02 pm

:D ive not seen that where tom sings that song thats cool got to see that mch if you dont mind pm with the website where i can see it thanks
tracy with out the E
tracy

Postby MCH on March 29th, 2011, 7:30 pm

Ok, now I REALLY feel stupid ! :roll:

I listened to it again and realised that it was fake. It sounds electronic. :cry: Then I remembered reading about some program where you could hear Tom's voice as cell phone message? Maybe they got his voice from that? There was another song about common people.

I still think it would be great to hear a cd of Mr. Tom "signing". :D

Ever so sorry about the mix up guys. I thought I found something really cool. DRAT!

MCH
MCH

PreviousNext

Return to About Tom’s Newsletters and Answers to Questions