Moderator: Moderator

videogid

Postby allogiase on March 7th, 2011, 3:33 pm

yes, agree
[url=http://kardblansh.ru/games]games - скачать игры[/url]
allogiase

Re: Who on Earth is Tom Baker?

Postby MCH on March 7th, 2011, 9:02 pm

HA! I got my copy of Who on Earth is Tom Baker. It was shipped from England and it got here in about a week. I was shocked. :shock:

It isn't a signed copy but I can't have everything. Maybe someday I'll be able to get it signed. If not, I guess I'll just have to be sad forever. :cry:

The first thing I did when I opened the book was look at the pictures. The second thing I'll do is read it I reckon.
MCH

Postby Prydonian on March 7th, 2011, 11:09 pm

MCH,

I just started reading my paperback copy last night. I am in the first chapter, the one about his childhood. I recommend it, as the stories told within it's pages are quite legendary. My copy isn't signed either, but no worries.
It is still a highly prized possession.
Prydonian

Postby MCH on March 25th, 2011, 8:28 pm

Before I bought the book I had heard about the bad times he spent in monk training. I was mortified at the bits of it that I had read online somewhere. But DANG ! I thought the section in his book about his first wife's family was absolutely horrific! I don't know how he stood it for as long as he did. I'm glad those pills didn't work. And I'm very sad that he was separated from his sons. I'm only about half way through.

MCH
MCH

Postby tracy on March 26th, 2011, 11:36 am

yes it is sad and funny to . its a good read enjoy the rest of the book
tracy with out the E
tracy

Postby MCH on March 26th, 2011, 1:49 pm

Tracy,

Last night I read the bit about Tom's gig in the Canterberry Tales flick. I could almost imagine the look on his face when the assistant told him what he had to do in the part. Offer the wife of bath a strawberry ! :lol: and how clever of the props department. 8-) And, I think the American monk from Tennessee didn't do it on purpose. :evil: I slapped my hand over my mouth at one point and breathed, "No she didn't !" but oh yeah, she went there and then some! Eee gads woman!

The bit about the oranges was good as well.

MCH
MCH

Postby tracy on March 26th, 2011, 3:54 pm

:D glad your enjoying it mch
tracy with out the E
tracy

Postby MCH on March 27th, 2011, 3:24 am

DonnaRose,

I was raised Roman Catholic. My hubby was raised Serbian Orthodox. When we told his priest that we were going to be married in the Catholic church he frowned and said that in the eyes of his church we would not be married and so would be living in sin. He also leered at me and told me never under any circumstances was I to come between my hubby and his church. I nearly laughed in his face at the absurdity of his statement.

As for my two whole years going to a Catholic school, it proved very strange indeed. In kindergarten I fought the boys for the toy cars and trucks, and in the first grade I lead the entire class out to recess one day. The teacher was in a short meeting with the principle when the recess bell rang. Well, the bell meant that we should go to recess, teacher or no in my book, so I herded the class out into the hall. We lined up like usual and quietly walked out side. Imagine the look on her face when she got back to an empty room. :lol: I don't recall if I got into trouble for it but I never did it again.

I also remember being tied in my seat because I got out of it to get my pencil that fell on the floor. The teacher had just told us not to get out of our seats when my pencil fell. I was too afraid to ask her if I could pick it up so when she turned her back I quickly hopped out and grabbed it. I must have made too much noise because she caught me. She walked over and tied a piece of yarn across the opening of the sit in desk. My favorite spot was the cloak room. If we were bad we were sent to it to contemplate our bad behavior. To me it was fun in there. I was alone and could look out a window.

The old school building had some bathrooms below ground level. The only windows to the bathroom were also at ground level. One day some girls were looking in the window as I passed by so naturally I looked in as well. No big deal, it was just a bathroom. I walked away. Well, those girls were sent to the principles office. When they returned they told me that I had to go there as well because I looked. I admitted freely that I did look but I refused to go to the office. No one forced me to go so I continued to play. " shrugs" Of course I wasn't and to a degree still am not the brightest bulb on the strand. Which our patient and understanding Moderator can attest to, lol.
MCH
MCH

Postby Prydonian on March 27th, 2011, 9:20 pm

Has anyone who has read the book seen Tom's Guestbook recently? There is a poster over there claiming to be the strange fan who Tom met in the graveyard who apparently weirded Tom out? The actual account is very near the end of the bio. Just wondering if I am alone in noticing. :?
Prydonian

Postby metalheadjay on March 30th, 2011, 2:05 am

Has anyone listened to the audiobook? Tom actually reading his life story. That's gotta be pretty interesting.

Jay
metalheadjay

PreviousNext

Return to Talk about Tom’s books