Toes On The Line - Ready, Steady, Go!

Here you are invited to discuss Tom's answers to questions in the Question Room and talk about his newsletters.

Moderator: Moderator

Re: Toes On The Line - Ready, Steady Go!

Postby MCH on March 23rd, 2011, 12:51 pm

I loved Toms response about smoking where he said that soon smokers would have to wear bells and shout "unclean."

One side of the argument says that people should be able to smoke any where and any time they want. It is their right. The other side says that if being around tobacco smoke is detrimental to non smokers health then public smoking should be governed. Either side has a good point.

My mother was a strict defender of her right to smoke. Even down to her last "gasp" at age 56.
I on the other hand never smoked. Didn't really need to did I ? I was getting lung fulls in the house. I developed an allergy to cigarette smoke then that is still with me. I get physically ill to be around even someone with smoke on their clothes. And I'm talking as bad as migraines ill. Do I believe in a persons right to smoke? Absolutely ! Do I believe in smoke free public areas ? Absolutely !

I was just reading in Tom,s autobiography that he enjoyed his keen sense of smell and the story of losing the smell of his kippers when a woman walked by doused in a heady perfume. I wonder what his keen senses feels about tobacco smoke now that he has been smoke free for over 20 years?

I also wonder what smokers would think if they could smell themselves like non smokers smell them? To me it is a very unpleasant odor and would knock me off my kippers any day.

Btw, I am not saying that smokers are bad people. It is the smoke and what it does to me that I dislike.
Although it would be nice if they would not toss their "butts" out their car windows.

MCH
MCH

Postby tracy on March 23rd, 2011, 6:54 pm

:D yeah i love toms answers to but the question i asked him about the auther of beltraffio dont think tom liked doing that but i remember watching it but didnt record it at the time and thats why ive been after it so hopefully it will be brought out on dvd soon and i thought tom played a great part in that film
tracy with out the E
tracy

Postby Moderator on March 26th, 2011, 3:46 am

Dear Forum Posers -

Yes, only one question, per month, per person; though once in awhile this board will duplicate itself and when that happens, we are just as quick to "zap" (as Tegan would say) that second post, so you can't get two that way either. :?

And speaking of the "guidelines." OK Members of Tom (well, some of you members of Tom, anyway) you are getting rather long winded again. So, please, remember Tom has about 30 questions to answer each month; therfore can we all try to be a bit more concise with our 'askings'?

1) Ask (one - brief - not too many words) question

2) Explain question (if needed - also with as few words as possible)

3) Exit Question Room

REMEBER: one short, sweet and to the point question -- nothing like this ramblin' post at all. ;)

Best,
Dirk :ugeek:

Postby MCH on March 26th, 2011, 4:10 am

How does ashes help a hard cut dogwood? Aren't ashes potassium ? Ah yes, but potassium helps a damaged plant to not wilt and heal.

Hmm, it also helps a plant produce better fruit. I need to put some ashes around my fruit bearing trees and see what happens! Thanks Tom for the gardening tip. :)

MCH
MCH

Postby MCH on March 27th, 2011, 2:41 am

I think that it is absolutely wonderful and stupendous that Mr. Tom is doing all those audio books! How exciting! I'll have to "get up off of that thang" and get some. ;)

Here's something for our Mr. Tom that he might be happy about. To take pictures of his action figure in different places that I visit, I had to take it out of it's box. I looked online to find a new one and two of the places that I buy from were sold out. The other Doctors were still there but fans have 'scarfed" up all the Tom Baker ones. That's how much the fans of Doctor Who love Tom Baker ! I think that's awesome ! :D

YOUR FANS ADORE YOU MR. TOM !!! They always will.

MCH
MCH

Re: Toes On The Line - Ready, Steady, Go!

Postby tracy on March 27th, 2011, 10:02 am

have a look on the stamp shop website where tom goes they should have what your looking for :D
tracy with out the E
tracy

Re: Toes On The Line - Ready, Steady, Go!

Postby Graceful Leonard on March 27th, 2011, 6:35 pm

'from old Tom Baker' -- that makes me laugh.
"A man's work is nothing but this slow trek to rediscover, through the detours of art, those two or three great and simple images in whose presence his heart first opened."
Graceful Leonard

Postby MCH on March 27th, 2011, 7:07 pm

I agree Leo,

IT creates a mental image, in my mind at least, of a wize old man with long white hair and beard. I wonder how curly it would be if he let it grow out?

If I had a series of photos of him I could do a carving. I have stopped people before and had them stay in a pose while I walked around them taking a picture from each side. Oh well, lol.

But hrmm, I can't believe that Tom went there with his comment about the Recently passed away actor. When I read it I said aloud, "Oh No he didn't just say that?" But oh yes he did !

Regards,

MCH
Last edited by MCH on March 28th, 2011, 11:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
MCH

Postby Graceful Leonard on March 27th, 2011, 10:52 pm

MCH wrote:But hrmm, I can't believe that Tom went there with his comment about the Brig. When I read it I said aloud, "Oh No he didn't just say that?" But oh yes he did ! Thomas Thomas.

I love Tom's dark sense of humour, and I have a feeling Nick Courtney would have approved wholeheartly. Sometimes humour is the only way to deal with painful things, and things are only painful when you care deeply about them.
"A man's work is nothing but this slow trek to rediscover, through the detours of art, those two or three great and simple images in whose presence his heart first opened."
Graceful Leonard

Postby MCH on March 27th, 2011, 11:29 pm

Leo,

Everyone's entitled to their opinion. ;)

Dirk, you are a hoot dude ! I can't wait to see what his answer is to your question. :D

MCH
Last edited by MCH on March 28th, 2011, 11:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
MCH

PreviousNext

Return to About Tom’s Newsletters and Answers to Questions