The place to talk about Tom's other roles (NOT Doctor Who)

See TV, Film & Theatre section for details of Tom's other roles.

Moderator: Moderator

The place to talk about Tom's other roles (NOT Doctor Who)

Postby Forum Moderator on October 30th, 2009, 2:14 pm

In the About section of this website, you will find details of all the other roles Tom has played in his career – apart from Dr Who. In this section of the forum you can focus on his roles in Monarch of the Glen, Medics, Little Britain, amongst his many other television roles. You might also want to talk about his roles in the theatre and in feature films.

From time to time, Tom may post messages in this forum himself, but he regrets he cannot answer personal messages and emails individually.

:!: URL Links are switched OFF. Please don't post any links to external sites - even in plain text form. Report any to the Moderator.
Thank you
Forum Moderator

Re: The place to talk about Tom's other roles (NOT Doctor Who)

Postby tracy on October 30th, 2009, 6:20 pm

i have nearly all toms other tv and films still 1 or 2 ive still got to get but again i have enjoyed everythink tom has done im sorry i cant fault any think i say what i mean if i didnt meanit i wouldnt say it the guy is a legend
tracy with out the E
tracy

Postby Captain Rum on October 30th, 2009, 10:07 pm

With my choice of name there has to be a certain role than comes first for me (Who aside) and that's a certain character named Captain Redbeard Rum from Blackadder 2 :D It was a great character and a great performance, especially for a character who was legless (even though he never touched a drop :lol: ) and in the end although he was only "A third-rate sailor, but a first-rate second course" he was the star of the show...and captured Nursey's heart.

Aaaaaaaahaaaaarrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr....me laddies!! :D
"Aaaaaaarrrrrggggghhhhhhh....me laddie!"

"You damned courtiers to the Queen, you're nothing but lap dogs to a slip of a girl!"

Hope to meet a nautical cove or two online to chat about Tom, "Who", etc :-)
Captain Rum

Location: Yeovil....but only when my Tardis needs an overhaul.

Postby tracy on October 30th, 2009, 10:29 pm

the loves and lives of she devel wow

:D and the webisode from "have i got news for you" was really funny the things tom was saying i was crying with laugheter
Last edited by tracy on November 1st, 2009, 8:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
tracy with out the E
tracy

Postby Captain Rum on October 30th, 2009, 11:16 pm

HIGNFY did their research when they picked Tom to present, in the same way like they did with people like Bruce Forsyth and the brilliant Brian Blessed, larger than life people being themselves and having the audience (in the studio and sat infront of the tv) in the palm of their hand. HIGNFY is about being spontaneous but in a funny way....that's Tom alright :D
"Aaaaaaarrrrrggggghhhhhhh....me laddie!"

"You damned courtiers to the Queen, you're nothing but lap dogs to a slip of a girl!"

Hope to meet a nautical cove or two online to chat about Tom, "Who", etc :-)
Captain Rum

Location: Yeovil....but only when my Tardis needs an overhaul.

Postby tracy on October 31st, 2009, 10:48 am

Captain Rum wrote:HIGNFY did their research when they picked Tom to present, in the same way like they did with people like Bruce Forsyth and the brilliant Brian Blessed, larger than life people being themselves and having the audience (in the studio and sat infront of the tv) in the palm of their hand. HIGNFY is about being spontaneous but in a funny way....that's Tom alright :D

great stuff i think we should have a topic on who has what in there tom collection
tracy with out the E
tracy

Postby merlinsseer on October 31st, 2009, 11:31 am

I Stumbled across a copy of " The Silver Chair " on one of my treasure hunts one day, it's on vhs so the quality leaves some wanting , but what a wonderful job he did in that ! Even my picky daughter got a giggle or two out of watching it. I am still trying to hunt down a copy of "Nicholas and Alexandra", but i have seen some clips from it on youtube and ...WOW ....just WOW... he is mesmerizing as Rasputin.
toms no 1 fan wrote:
Captain Rum wrote:HIGNFY did their research when they picked Tom to present, in the same way like they did with people like Bruce Forsyth and the brilliant Brian Blessed, larger than life people being themselves and having the audience (in the studio and sat infront of the tv) in the palm of their hand. HIGNFY is about being spontaneous but in a funny way....that's Tom alright :D

great stuff i think we should have a topic on who has what in there tom collection
Are you suggesting coconuts migrate?
merlinsseer

Postby Gham on October 31st, 2009, 1:28 pm

Tom was FABULOUS in 'Life and Loves of a She-Devil'. :D

Lucky old Patsy Hodge, is all I can say...
Gham

Postby tracy on October 31st, 2009, 3:43 pm

Gham wrote:Tom was FABULOUS in 'Life and Loves of a She-Devil'. :D

Lucky old Patsy Hodge, is all I can say...

hi there gham where you from nice to see you hope you are well
tracy with out the E
tracy

Postby pattie anne on October 31st, 2009, 7:18 pm

My FAVouritE non-doc TOM would have to be Puddleglum, the Marshwiggle, from The Silver Chair -- in "The Chronicles of Narnia," series. BIG SIGH
Last edited by pattie anne on December 6th, 2009, 9:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"And as for Tom Baker, well, I'll always be the Doctor,
won't I?" TOM BAKER
pattie anne

Next

Return to Not Doctor Who - Tom's other roles