Tom Baker the man

Talk about Tom.

Moderator: Moderator

Re: Tom Baker the man

Postby MCH on March 17th, 2011, 1:40 am

Greetings all,

I noticed something about Tom whilst watching his Episodes of Doctor Who. Whenever he and others are running around, the other peoples steps are Twice his, lol. There he'd be just loping along and their legs would be doing double time. It's rather amusing.

My hubby is six foot three and I'm a whopping five foot four. So I can empathize with the other actors that had to keep up with Tom. :D makes me tired just thinking about it. :shock:

However, as my hubby points out to me whenever I complain about being left behind when we walk. It is not easy for a tall person to keep stopping to wait for the short legged to keep up. Or to have to shorten their stride to match the stumper's, lol. That reminds me of a scene in one of the episodes filmed in Paris where the Doctor and, I think it was Romana, came up out of a train tunnel? Anyway, he was striding along then turned around and saw that she was well behind him. He waited for her to run and catch up to him, lol.

:arrow: MCH
Last edited by MCH on March 18th, 2011, 9:53 pm, edited 4 times in total.
MCH

Postby tracy on March 17th, 2011, 10:53 am

id not noticed that and me being me normally look for things but didnt notice .i use to think how fit tom was doing all that running him being so tall
tracy with out the E
tracy

Postby MCH on March 17th, 2011, 1:10 pm

Lol Tracy!

Tom would only be exerting half the energy of the others in a run because he would only be using half of the steps to get to a place, lol.

And, I also noticed how he would often have to bend over to talk to shorter people. On the other hand, short people always look up to him. :lol:

Regards,
:arrow: MCH
MCH

Postby Prydonian on March 18th, 2011, 8:28 pm

Does anyone know how tall Tom is?
Prydonian

Postby tracy on March 18th, 2011, 8:47 pm

tom is 6ft 3 :D
tracy with out the E
tracy

Postby Prydonian on May 10th, 2011, 9:46 pm

Wow that's tall! I myself am officially 6 ft 1.
Prydonian

Postby MCH on May 11th, 2011, 6:58 pm

My hubby is six foot four. He's someone I will always look up to. :lol: I know, but I couldn't help myself. *snort* oh, btw, I'm only five foot four.

MCH
MCH

Postby Canawho on August 14th, 2012, 9:13 pm

Yes, at 6'3 Tom is a tall man, which made me notice something.

I'd noticed that he'd been surrounded with tall actors/ and sometimes
actresses. Bruce Purchase "Capt in Pirate planet" looked to be about 6'6. Nick Courtney looked
to be around the same height as Tom. Ian Marter looked quite tall as well.

I'm only 5'10. Maybe I could have taken Adric's part? Or maybe he was taller
than me? :lol:
Canawho

Postby Karrit on June 9th, 2013, 1:57 pm

I'm 5'2 1/3. I find it funny how both Tom and Jon Pertwee are the same height. Does that make them the tallest Doctors? I think Courtney was maybe just slightly shorter-or at least he did so standing next to Jon.

Speaking of Tom, I recently read something where he needed to see a specific scene in Doctor Who, so he stopped by someone's house and asked if he could watch the show. The family invited him in just as it came on the television. The children present did a double take because the Doctor was on their couch and the TV. That would be one childhood memory to cherish.
"Courage isn’t a matter of not being frightened, it’s being afraid and doing what you have to do anyway." - Third Doctor
Karrit

Postby Betty on June 9th, 2013, 2:17 pm

Where did you read it? I have no information concerning this either way, but to me it sounds a bit unlikely. Tom said something about never watching the show, plus I can't quite see why an actor would need to see a specific scene. But maybe I'm very, very wrong. It's just my opinion.
"Once, I was a real turtle"
Betty

PreviousNext

Return to The man himself