Tv thought

Talk about the films you're seeing, programmes you're watching and books you're reading.

Moderator: Moderator

Tv thought

Postby tch on March 18th, 2011, 6:46 pm

I was thinking that there are so many other TV shows out there that deserve the Doctor Who treatment and was wondering if anyone else had an old TV show they wished would get its own Russell Davies and be returned to our TV screens for a new generation.
Here's my list:

Sapphire and Steel: the dark tone of this show would probably appreal to the folks that watch Fringe and Torchwood.

Assignment: Earth: this was an episode of Star Trek, meant to be a pilot, that never got a show of it's own. It had a good Doctor Who meets 60's spy vibe that I would love to see and since it was set ( sort of) now, there's no need to sweat over Trek continuity.

okay, your guys turn.
tch

Re: Tv thought

Postby tracy on April 10th, 2011, 2:33 pm

:D yeah to reshow the book tower that tom did and have them reshow the auther of beltraffio im determined to see that again .flipper id like to see and others i cant think off the top of my head right now .ive got all but any think to do with tom apart from 1 or 2 things
tracy with out the E
tracy

Re: Tv thought

Postby tch on March 15th, 2012, 5:02 pm

Just watched the first couple episodes of 'Starlost' on DVD. Really smart writing, but even by 70's TV standards the effects and sets are rough to look at.

Would love to see this great concept done justice with a wheelbarrow full of special effects money.
tch

Return to TV, Film, Books and Music