Toes On The Line - Ready, Steady, Go!

Here you are invited to discuss Tom's answers to questions in the Question Room and talk about his newsletters.

Moderator: Moderator

Toes On The Line - Ready, Steady, Go!

Postby Moderator on March 10th, 2011, 12:06 pm

Don't wait until the last minute. Start your comments now!

RE Tom's March 2011 Questions (and answers). :mrgreen:

Best,
Dirk :ugeek:

Big finish

Postby MCH on March 16th, 2011, 3:32 am

Ok, I must have missed something big here. "BIG FINISH?" I take it that it is an audio book series? I have never listened to any sort of audio book. They don't have pictures! :lol: They don't even have print. Maybe it's like the old radio programs. Do they have background noises like footprints and doors creaking open? :D or is it just people talking with maybe some background music?

Seriously I have never listened to an audio book.

MCH
MCH

Re: Toes On The Line - Ready, Steady, Go!

Postby tracy on March 16th, 2011, 10:28 am

:D mch yes big finish is going to be in audio audio like hornets nest and demon quest
tracy with out the E
tracy

Postby MCH on March 16th, 2011, 1:15 pm

Thanks Tracy. :D

In regards to the new question posted about Tom scarf. I know of two things he did with it on the episode Robot.
One was when he was inside the science research place. He attached a magnet to his scarf and when he walked around it gathered bits of 'evidence' from the floor.
The other time was when the Robot was trying to kill him and the Doctor tied one end of his scarf to a pillar then ducked around to a second pillar in hopes of 'tripping'? The robot. The robot just knocked over the pillar and the Doc had to drop his end and continue to evade the Robot. When I saw that scene I thought how goofy it was to even think about trying to trip up a huge and very heavy metallic man. But then I remembered that the Doctor quiet often would try something really off the wall. You never know, it might just do something unexpected and beneficial.

MCH
Last edited by MCH on March 17th, 2011, 12:51 pm, edited 2 times in total.
MCH

Postby tracy on March 17th, 2011, 10:57 am

:D your welcome
tracy with out the E
tracy

Postby Toothy Grin on March 17th, 2011, 1:23 pm

MCH - you've never heard an audio book? :o Boy, you've been missing out. Big Finnish are an audiocompany who make Doctor Who audio books. Now, Tom has done 10 Dr Who audiobooks so far for the BBC, and they are a mix of spoken narration and audio drama, whereas the Big Finish books are complete dramas with no spoken word narration (so like listening to a soundtrack of a TV programme.) What's great about them is that there are no budget restrictions to what you can depict in terms of special effects or sets, and it doesn't matter how different an old Doctor Who actor looks now as their voices still sound the same. Tom's now agreed to do 18 (yes, 18!) productions for Big Finish and apparently they will also feature Louise Jameson as Leela and Mary Tamm as Romana. The BBC Hornet's Nest/ Demon Quest stories were great but a little atypical of Tom's TV stories, whereas I think the Big Finish ones will be the real deal. Can't wait! :D
Toothy Grin

Postby MCH on March 17th, 2011, 6:04 pm

Alas Toothy Grin I have never heard an audio book.

I thoughT about listening to one once. And that was the end of that. I am not adverse to listening to them, I just have continued to read the print on paper versions of the stories. But what ho !? I have now been exposed to reading books online. So, I reckon that it is inevitable that I move on to audio books, eh ?

Thanks for the info about "Big Finish".
:arrow: MCH
MCH

Postby MCH on March 19th, 2011, 3:42 am

Hey Moderator,

Is it ok to make two postings in the question room now ? I saw that metalheadjay had two postings. Does that mean we can all have two postings this month ? :?: :o
MCH

Postby Forum Moderator on March 19th, 2011, 10:08 am

No, the rules haven't changed. I have asked Metalheadjay to save his second question for next month, and it has been deleted from the March Questions.

Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Postby MCH on March 19th, 2011, 12:42 pm

Darn and drat dagnabitall !

I was wishin' and hopin' and prayin' that it was true. 8-)
But speakin' of the question room, what a sly rascal Mr. Tom is for answering from within the deck. Unexpected and fun. :D

MCH

Next

Return to About Tom’s Newsletters and Answers to Questions